Person: KUŞMAN, TUBA
Now showing 1 - 10 of 11
- PublicationMetadata onlyFatty acid content of Reseda lutea var. lutea with antioxidant potential.(2015-06-12) Ertaş, Abdülselam; Boğa, Mehmet; DİNCEL, DEMET; BÜTÜN, BURCU; Yeşil, Yeter; Soruhan, H.F.; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; KUŞMAN, TUBA; DİNCEL, DEMET; BÜTÜN, BURCU; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI
- PublicationMetadata onlyPreparation of Some 3-Hydroxyflavone Derivatives with Their Antioxidant Activities.(2015-07-24) BÜTÜN, BURCU; KUŞMAN, TUBA; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; BÜTÜN, BURCU; KUŞMAN, TUBA; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI
- PublicationMetadata onlyTerpenoidlerin Salvia kronenburgii Bitkisinden İzolasyonu, Antioksidan ve Antikolinesteraz Potansiyelinin Araştırılması.(2012-10-06) TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; Güngördü, Hatice İmran; KUŞMAN, TUBA; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; KUŞMAN, TUBA
- PublicationMetadata onlyApolipoprotein E4 Mediated Targeting of Blood Brain Barrier Using Nano-Micellar Metal Chelators for Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease(2015-08-06) BAHADORİ, FATEMEH; ÇELİK, BURAK; Kazdal, Fatma; KUŞMAN, TUBA; BAHADORİ, FATEMEH; ÇELİK, BURAK; KUŞMAN, TUBA
- PublicationMetadata onlyCytotoxic Effects of Four Triterpenoids on Breast Cancer Cell Lines(2015-06-02) BÜTÜN, BURCU; Hatipoğlu, Seda Damla; KUŞMAN, TUBA; Birman, hüsniye; albeniz, ışıl; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; BÜTÜN, BURCU; KUŞMAN, TUBA; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI
- PublicationMetadata onlyAntioxidant Potential and Fatty Acid Content of Echinops viscosus DC. subsp. bithynicus,(2015-06-12) Ertaş, Abdülselam; DİNCEL, DEMET; Kolak, ufuk; BÜTÜN, BURCU; Yeşil, Yeter; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; DİNCEL, DEMET; KUŞMAN, TUBA; BÜTÜN, BURCU; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI
- PublicationOpen AccessTerpenoids, essential oil composition and fatty acids profile, and biological activities of Anatolian Salvia fruticosa Mill.(2013-01-01) Topcu, GÜLAÇTI; Ozturk, Mehmet; Kusman, TUBA; BARLA DEMIRKOZ, Ayse Asli; Kolak, Ufuk; Ulubelen, Ayhan; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; KUŞMAN, TUBAThe hexane and dichloromethane extracts, obtained by re-extraction of the methanol extract of Salvia fruticosa Mill., afforded 7 diterpenoids (carnosol, carnosic acid, carnosic acid 12-methyl ether, rosmadial, isorosmanol, ferruginol, and manool), 4 triterpenoids (alpha-amyryltetracosanoate, oleanolic acid, ursolic acid, and erythrodiol), a steroid (3-acetylsitosterol), and a flavone (salvigenin). The galls (apples) of the collected plant were separately extracted with hexane to afford fatty acids composed mainly of oleic acid (29%), palmitoleic acid (29%), and stearic acid (23.20%), which exhibited high anticholinesterase activity, particularly against BChE. The essential oil, obtained from the aerial parts of the plant, exhibited high AChE inhibitory activity, consisting of mainly 1,8-cineol (58.89%). The antioxidant activity according to 6 complementary tests and anticholinesterase potential of the methanol extracts and triterpenoids alpha-amyryltetracosanoate, oleanolic acid, ursolic acid, and sitosterol acetate were also investigated, and methanol extract exhibited the highest antioxidant and anticholinesterase activity, surpassing the other tested extracts and pure compounds.
- PublicationMetadata onlyStudies on Anticholinesterase Potentials of Some Fritillaria Species Belong to Eastern of Turkey(2015-07-24) KUŞMAN, TUBA; BÜTÜN, BURCU; Mükemre , Muzaffer; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; KUŞMAN, TUBA; BÜTÜN, BURCU; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI
- PublicationOpen AccessLamiaceae Family Plants as a Potential Anticholinesterase Source in the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease(2014-02-01) TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; KUŞMAN, TUBA; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; KUŞMAN, TUBAAlzheimer’s disease (AD) is one of the most common and progressive neurodegenerative disorders with dementia in the world. The precise causes of AD are not fully understood yet, although several important features of its pathophysiology are well described. Current AD treatment is symptomatic and is mainly, but not exclusively, focused on the inhibition of cholinesterases (ChEs). There are four cholinesterase inhibitors approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA): tacrine, donepezil, rivastigmine, and galantamine. Among them, galantamine is a natural drug, and rivastigmine is a derivative of the natural drug physostigmine. In addition, only an NMDA (N-methyl- D-aspartate) receptor antagonist, memantine, is also approved by the FDA in the treatment of patients with moderate to severe AD. However, none of them provides a satisfactory treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, and studies are still going on to find new potential drugs from both synthetic chemicals and natural sources. In this review, studies on the discovery of new cholinesterase inhibitors from natural sources, particularly from Lamiaceae family plants were evaluated, and a number of terpenoids and phenolics/flavonoids isolated are presented as potential drugs in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- PublicationMetadata onlySalvia (Adaçayı) Türlerinden Elde Edilen Abietan Diterpenlerin Antikolinesteraz Potansiyelleri(2017-04-02) KUŞMAN, TUBA; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI; KUŞMAN, TUBA; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI