Person: YIĞMAN, SAMET
Now showing 1 - 9 of 9
- PublicationOpen AccessNonclosure of the Peritoneum during Appendectomy May Cause Less Postoperative Pain: A Randomized, Double-Blind Study(2019-01-01) BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; Hasbahceci, Mustafa; YIĞMAN, SAMET; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; KUNDUZ, ENVER; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; YIĞMAN, SAMET; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; KUNDUZ, ENVER; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİTObjective: We aim to evaluate the effect of peritoneal closure on postoperative pain and life quality associated with open appendectomy operations. Methods: This is a single-center, prospective, randomized, and double-blinded study. Here, 18-65-year-old patients who underwent open appendectomy for acute appendicitis were included. Demographic data of the patients, operation time, length of hospital stay, pain scores using a 10 cm visual analogue scale (VAS) on the first postoperative day, quality of life assessment using the EuroQol-5D-5L questionnaire on postoperative 10th day, deep wound dehiscence, bowel obstruction, and mortality data were recorded. Results: In total, 112 patients were included in the study. The demographic data showed no significant difference between the groups. The median VAS score was lower in the group with open peritoneum, but this difference was not statistically significant (3 vs. 4, p=0.134). The duration of surgery was significantly shorter in the peritoneal nonclosure group (31.0 ± 15.1 vs. 38.5 ± 17.5 minutes, p=0.016). Overall complication rates and life quality test (EuroQol-5D-5L) results were similar between groups. Conclusion: Nonclosure of the peritoneum seems to shorten the duration of surgery without increasing complications during open appendectomy. Postoperative pain and life quality measures were not affected by nonclosure of the peritoneum. This trial is registered with NCT02803463.
- PublicationOpen AccessTransvaginal Small Bowel Evisceration following Abdominoperineal Resection(2018-01-01) Kunduz, ENVER; Bektasoglu, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; Yigman, SAMET; Akbulut, HÜSEYİN; KUNDUZ, ENVER; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; YIĞMAN, SAMET; AKBULUT, HÜSEYİNAbdominoperineal resection (APR) is one of the surgical techniques performed for the distal rectal cancer. The perineal herniation is one of the complications of APR surgery. In this report, we aim to demonstrate a rare case of small bowel evisceration and strangulation secondary to the transvaginal herniation evolved in the late stage after perineal hernia repair following laparoscopic APR.
- PublicationMetadata onlyAmeliyat sonrası gelişen peritoneal yapışıklığın önlenmesinde sodyum aljinat ve saf aljinat etkinliğinin enflamasyon açısından incelenmesi(2017-10-29) GONCU, Beyza; YIĞMAN, SAMET; BAŞOĞLU, HARUN; YUCESAN, Emrah; ÖZTEN KANDAŞ, NUR; AKBAŞ, FAHRİ; AYŞAN, MUSTAFA ERHAN; YIĞMAN, SAMET; BAŞOĞLU, HARUN; ÖZTEN KANDAŞ, NUR; AKBAŞ, FAHRİ; AYŞAN, MUSTAFA ERHAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyRole of obesity and abdominal shape morphometric features to predict postoperative complications and quality of lymph node dissection of gastrectomy for gastric cancer(2017-01-01) HASBAHCECI, MUSTAFA; Mehdi, Elnur; Malya, FATMA ÜMİT; Kunduz, ENVER; Memmi, NAİM; Yigman, SAMET; Akcakaya, ADEM; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; KUNDUZ, ENVER; MEMMİ, NAİM; YIĞMAN, SAMET; AKÇAKAYA, ADEMObesity and abdominal shape morphometric features have been thought to be independent risk factors for surgical outcomes after gastrectomy.
- PublicationMetadata onlyRare Entities of Histopathological Findings in 755 Sleeve Gastrectomy Cases: a Synopsis of Preoperative Endoscopy Findings and Histological Evaluation of the Specimen(2018-05-01) Gecer, Melin Ozgun; Bozkurt, Suleyman; Baskoy, Lutfullah; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; YIĞMAN, SAMET; Akbulut, Huseyin; Coskun, Halil; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; BAŞKÖY, LÜTFULLAH; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; GEÇER, MELİN; YIĞMAN, SAMET; AKBULUT, HÜSEYİNLaparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (LSG) is the most preferred technique in morbidly obese patients for weight loss. There is a controversy about the routine preoperative evaluation of the stomach and the routine microscopic examination of all LSG specimens. Our aim is to analyze the results of both preoperative upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and endoscopic biopsies and also the results of histopathological examination of LSG specimens.
- PublicationMetadata onlyKaraciğer kist hidatik cerrahi tedavisinde açık ve laparoskopik yaklaşımların karşılaştırılması(2016-04-17) HASBAHÇECI, MUSTAFA; TASCI, YUNUS; AYDOĞDU, İBRAHİM; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; KUNDUZ, ENVER; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; MEMMİ, NAİM; YIĞMAN, SAMET; AYDOĞDU, İBRAHİM; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; KUNDUZ, ENVER; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; MEMMİ, NAİM; YIĞMAN, SAMET
- PublicationMetadata onlyResults of 150 Subtotal Parathyroidectomies for Secondary Hyperparathyroidism(2020-03-01T00:00:00Z) Aysan, Erhan; PIRALIYEV, ELNUR; YIĞMAN, SAMET; PIRALIYEV, ELNUR; YIĞMAN, SAMETWe evaluated our experience of subtotal parathyroidectomy (SP) for secondary hyperparathyroidism (SHP) cases. We evaluated retrospectively our 150 SP operations due to SHP. Serious hypocalcemia (< 6.5 mg/dL) developed in 23 (15.3%) patients, and we performed cryopreserved parathyroid cell autotransplantation in four cases with successful results. Recurrent hyperparathyroidism developed in 3 (2%) cases, and persistent hyperparathyroidism was observed in 22 (14.6%) cases. Upon reoperation in nine persistent hyperparathyroidism cases, we found supernumerary parathyroid glands in three cases, remnant tissue hyperplasia in four cases, and ectopic parathyroid glands in two cases. Among cases in which four glands cannot be found during surgery, the permanent HP rate is high. Serious hypocalcemia may develop postoperatively, and cryopreserved parathyroid autotransplantation may be inevitable in some of these cases.
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe Effects of the Staple Line Reinforcement Procedures on Gastrointestinal Symptoms and Its Early Results in Sleeve Gastrectomy(2022-08-01T00:00:00Z) YAPALAK, YUNUS; YIĞMAN, SAMET; GÖNÜLTAŞ, CEREN; COŞKUN, Halil; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; YAPALAK, YUNUS; YIĞMAN, SAMET; GÖNÜLTAŞ, CEREN; COŞKUN, HALIL; YARDIMCI, ERKANBackground: The laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (LSG) procedure is the most common bariatric surgical technique worldwide, but controversy continues over staple line reinforcement (SLR) techniques. This prospective randomized study aimed to compare the effects of SLR methods on early postoperative complications and gastrointestinal symptoms in patients undergoing LSG for morbid obesity.
- PublicationMetadata onlyVücut morfometrik ölçüm değerlerinin mide adenokarsinomunun postoperatif komplikasyonlara ve lenf nodu kalitesine etkisi(2016-04-17) HASBAHCECI, MUSTAFA; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; KUNDUZ, ENVER; MEMMİ, NAİM; YIĞMAN, SAMET; AKÇAKAYA, ADEM; PIRALIYEV, ELNUR; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; KUNDUZ, ENVER; MEMMİ, NAİM; YIĞMAN, SAMET; AKÇAKAYA, ADEM