Person: NADİR, AYDIN
Now showing 1 - 10 of 31
- PublicationMetadata onlyNative mitral valve causing left ventricular outflow tract obstruction in an adult with Ebstein-s anomaly(2011-11-01T00:00:00Z) ULUS, TANER; Nadir, AYDIN; Birdane, Alparslan; ATA, NECMİ; NADİR, AYDIN
- PublicationMetadata onlyGender Differences in the Types and Frequency of Coronary Artery Anomalies(2011-12-01T00:00:00Z) AYDAR, YÜKSEL; Yazici, Huseyin U.; Birdane, Alparslan; Nasifov, Muharrem; Nadir, AYDIN; ULUS, TANER; Goktekin, Omer; GÖRENEK, BÜLENT; Unalir, Ahmet; NADİR, AYDINCoronary artery anomalies are rarely encountered in general population. Gender may play a role in the types and incidence of coronary artery anomalies, although the effect of gender is not well established. In the present study, we therefore aimed to investigate the frequency and location of various types of coronary artery anomalies and their correlation with gender. We assessed retrospectively the coronary angiography movies of 7,810 patients (2,214 females and 5,596 males), the method of which is distinct from the earlier studies with angiographic archive records. We defined and classified the coronary artery anomalies according to their origin, course (myocardial bridge), and termination (fistula). The incidence of coronary artery anomalies was 3.35% (262 of 7,810): 130 individuals with anomalous origin (1.66%), 105 individuals with myocardial bridges (1.34%), and 27 with fistulas (0.35%). The frequency of the coronary artery anomalies was significantly higher in the females than the males (p = 0.001). Of the coronary artery origin anomalies, the circumflex and the left anterior descending artery originating from separate ostia in the left aortic sinus were higher in the females compared to the males (P < 0.001). In contrast, the frequency of myocardial bridges was higher in the males (P = 0.01). No gender difference was detected in fistulas. Thus, gender affects the types of coronary artery anomalies, except for fistulas. The determination of the presence of the coronary artery anomalies during the coronary angiography is critical for the planning of the treatment and for the proper clinical follow-up of patients.
- PublicationMetadata onlyIvabradine has no Effect on Cardiac Arrhythmias Observed During Dobutamine Infusion: A Comparative Study with beta Blocker Therapy(2013-10-01T00:00:00Z) ÇAVUŞOĞLU, YÜKSEL; MERT, KADİR UĞUR; Nadir, AYDIN; MUTLU, FEZAN; Morrad, Bektas; ULUS, TANER; NADİR, AYDIN
- PublicationMetadata onlyRelationship between hypoplastic right coronary artery and coronary artery anomalies.(2013-03-01T00:00:00Z) Aydar, Y; Yazici, H U; Birdane, A; Ulus, T; Nadir, AYDIN; Nasifov, M; Göktekin, O; Gorenek, B; Unalir, A; NADİR, AYDIN
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe frequency, serial changes and clinical characteristics of cardiac troponin release in patients with acute heart failure syndrome(2011-08-01T00:00:00Z) ÇAVUŞOĞLU, YÜKSEL; Gencer, E.; Tek, M.; BİLGİN, MUZAFFER; Nadiradze, AYDIN; BİRDANE, ALPARSLAN; GÖRENEK, BÜLENT; Unalir, A.; ATA, NECMİ; NADİR, AYDIN
- PublicationMetadata onlyIvabradine treatment prevents dobutamine-induced increase in heart rate in patients with acute decompensated heart failure(2015-09-01T00:00:00Z) ÇAVUŞOĞLU, YÜKSEL; MERT, KADİR UĞUR; Nadir, AYDIN; MUTLU, FEZAN; Morrad, Bektas; ULUS, TANER; NADİR, AYDINBackground Ivabradine is a heart rate (HR)-lowering agent acting by inhibiting the I-f-channel. Dobutamine does increase the HR and has some deleterious effects on myocardium. So, we aimed to evaluate whether ivabradine treatment blunts a dobutamine-induced increase in HR.
- PublicationOpen AccessAssessment of the Relationship between Monocyte to High-Density Lipoprotein Ratio and Myocardial Bridge.(2019-01-01T00:00:00Z) Bakshaliyev, N; Karacop, E; Cosansu, K; Huyut, MA; Turna, F; Enhos, A; Nadir, A; Ozdemir, R; Uluganyan, MAHMUT; ENHOŞ, ASIM; KARAÇÖP, ERDEM; BAKHSALIYEV, NIJAD; NADİR, AYDIN; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZAN; ULUGANYAN, MAHMUTBackground: Assessing the monocyte to high-density lipoprotein ratio (MHR) is a new tool for predicting inflamation, which plays a major role in atherosclerosis. Myocardial bridge (MB) is thought to be a benign condition with development of atherosclerosis, particularly at the proximal segment of the brigde. Objective: To evaluate the relationhip between MHR and the presence of MB. Methods: We consecutively scanned patients referred for coronary angiography between January 2013- December 2016, and a total of 160 patients who had a MB and normal coronary artery were enrolled in the study. The patients’ angiographic, demographic and clinic characteristics of the patients were reviewed from medical records. Monocytes and HDL-cholesterols were measured via complete blood count. MHR was calculated as the ratio of the absolute monocyte count to the HDL-cholesterol value. MHR values were divided into three tertiles as follows: lower (8.25 ± 1.61), moderate (13.11 ± 1.46), and higher (21.21 ± 4.30) tertile. A p-value of < 0.05 was considered significant. Results: MHR was significantly higher in the MB group compared to the control group with normal coronary arteries. We found the frequency of MB (p = 0.002) to increase as the MHR tertiles rose. The Monocyte-HDL ratio with a cut-point of 13.35 had 59% sensitivity and 65.0% specificity (ROC area under curve: 0.687, 95% CI: 0.606-0.769, p < 0.001) in accurately predicting a MB diagnosis. In the multivariate analysis, MHR (p = 0.013) was found to be a significant independent predictor of the presence of MB, after adjusting for other risk factors. Conclusion: The present study revealed a significant correlation between MHR and MB.
- PublicationMetadata onlyIvabradine treatment blunts dobutamine-induced increase in heart rate in patients with acute decompensated heart failure: a comparative study with beta-blocker therapy(2013-05-01T00:00:00Z) ÇAVUŞOĞLU, YÜKSEL; MERT, KADİR UĞUR; Nadir, AYDIN; MUTLU, FEZAN; Gencer, E.; ULUS, TANER; NADİR, AYDIN
- PublicationMetadata onlyEffects of ivabradine and beta blocker therapy on dobutamine-induced increase in ventricular arrhythmias(2012-11-01T00:00:00Z) ÇAVUŞOĞLU, YÜKSEL; MERT, KADİR UĞUR; Nadir, AYDIN; MUTLU, FEZAN; Morrad, Bektas; ULUS, TANER; Cengiz, Osman; Nasifov, Muharrem; Tahmazov, Senan; BİRDANE, ALPARSLAN; Gorenek, Bulent; NADİR, AYDIN
- PublicationMetadata onlyRelationship between hypoplastic right coronary artery and coronary artery anomalies(2013-08-01T00:00:00Z) Yazici, H. U.; AYDAR, YÜKSEL; BİRDANE, ALPARSLAN; ULUS, TANER; Nadir, AYDIN; Kirli, I.; GÖRENEK, BÜLENT; Unalir, A.; ATA, NECMİ; NADİR, AYDIN