Person: AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET
Now showing 1 - 10 of 40
- PublicationMetadata onlyIdentification and evaluation of drug-related problems in the cardiology ward: an interventional study(2022-11-25) Sosyal D.; Bektay M. Y.; Açıkgöz N.; İzzettin F. V.; SOSYAL, DAMLA; BEKTAY, MUHAMMED YUNUS; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET; İZZETTİN, FIKRET VEHBI
- PublicationMetadata onlyEarly single clinical experience with the new Figulla ASD Occluder for transcatheter closure of atrial septal defect in adults(2011-03-01T00:00:00Z) CANSEL, MEHMET; PEKDEMİR, HASAN; Yagmur, Julide; Tasolar, Hakan; ERMİŞ, NECİP; Kurtoglu, Ertugrul; Atas, Halil; ÖZDEMİR, Ramazan; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZANBackground. Recently, the Occlutech Figulla ASD Occluder (FSO) has been introduced for transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects. This device can be used for transcatheter closure of small as well as large atrial septal defects.
- PublicationMetadata only[Evaluation of atrial conduction time by P wave dispersion and tissue Doppler echocardiography in prehypertensive patients].(2010-12-01T00:00:00Z) Açıkgöz, Nusret; Yaşar, Erdoğan; Taşolar, Hakan; Yağmur, Jülide; Cansel, Mehmet; Ataş, Halil; Pekdemir, Hasan; Ozdemir, Ramazan; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZAN
- PublicationMetadata only[Evaluation of the relationship between serum high sensitive C-reactive protein and the elasticity properties of the aorta in patients with coronary artery ectasia].(2011-08-01T00:00:00Z) Sincer, Isa; Aktürk, Erdal; Açıkgöz, NUSRET; Ermiş, Necip; Koşar, Mustafa Feridun; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET
- PublicationMetadata onlyLeft atrial volume and function in patients with white-coat hypertension assessed by real-time three-dimensional echocardiography(2016-08-01T00:00:00Z) ERMİŞ, NECİP; Afsin, Abdulmecit; Cuglan, Bilal; Acikgoz, NUSRET; CANSEL, MEHMET; Yagmur, Julide; HİDAYET, ŞİHO; ÇOLAK, MEHMET CENGİZ; SELÇUK, ENGİN BURAK; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRETBackgroundWhite-coat hypertension (WCH) is a disease based on the disparity of a patient-s blood pressure measurements between the physician-s office and the patient-s home environment. The aim of the present study is to evaluate the left atrial (LA) volume and functions in WCH.MethodsIn total, this study included 37 WCH (17 women, 20 men, mean age 48.45.7 years) and 30 healthy individuals (18 women, 20 men, mean age 47.97.5 years). All patients underwent real-time three-dimensional and comprehensive two-dimensional echocardiography (2DE) with tissue Doppler evaluation to estimate left atrial volumes and mechanical functions.ResultsLA diameters were significantly higher in the patients compared with the controls (37 +/- 2.8 vs. 35 +/- 3.1mm, P=0.017). LA total systolic volume and LA maximal volume were significantly higher in the patients. (41.1 +/- 6.9 vs. 35.5 +/- 3.7ml, P<0.001; 25.8 +/- 5.4 vs. 21.3 +/- 3.3ml, P<0.001, respectively). LA volume before LA contraction and LA active stroke volume were significantly higher in the patients with WCH than in the normotensives (24.4 +/- 6.3 vs. 20.9 +/- 2ml, P=0.002; 9.1 +/- 4.8 vs. 6.7 +/- 2.5ml, P=0.007, respectively). Moreover, the LA expansion index was significantly higher in the patients with WCH than in the normotensives (178.7 +/- 53.6 vs. 155.3 +/- 36.3, P=0.037). However, the total emptying volume fraction of the LA was similar between the two groups.ConclusionWe showed that LA structural functions and volumes were increased in the WCH group. Although increased LA volume has been observed in many diseases, structural changes in LA may be accepted as an early sign for clinical cardiac remodeling in patients with WCH, suggesting the necessity of early intervention for preventing clinical cardiovascular disease.
- PublicationMetadata onlyLeft atrial volume and function in patients with Behcet-s disease assessed by real-time three-dimensional echocardiography(2012-08-01T00:00:00Z) Acikgoz, Nusret; Akturk, Erdal; Yagmur, Julide; Kurtoglu, Ertugrul; ERMİŞ, NECİP; ŞENER, SERPİL; Karakus, Yasin; Akturk, Semra; Karincaoglu, Yelda; PEKDEMİR, HASAN; ÖZDEMİR, Ramazan; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZANAims Behcet-s disease (BD), a multisystemic inflammatory disorder, has been associated with a number of cardiovascular dysfunctions, including endomyocardial fibrosis of the right heart, atrial fibrillation, ventricular arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death. The incidence and nature of cardiac involvement in BD are not yet clearly documented. Our aim was to evaluate left atrial (LA) volume and functions using real-time three-dimensional echocardiography (RT3DE) in Behcet-s patients without any cardiac symptom.
- PublicationMetadata onlyComparision of pain levels of transradial versus transfemoral coronary catheterization: a prospective and randomized study(2014-03-01T00:00:00Z) Acikgoz, Nusret; Akturk, Erdal; Kurtoglu, Ertugrul; ERMİŞ, NECİP; Yagmur, Julide; Altuntas, Mehmet Sait; PEKDEMİR, HASAN; ÖZDEMİR, Ramazan; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZANObjective: The aim of the present study was to assess access site pain levels of patients undergoing coronary catheterization via transradial route.
- PublicationMetadata onlyIncreased Mean Platelet Volume in Behcet-s Disease with Thrombotic Tendency(2010-06-01T00:00:00Z) Acikgoz, Nusret; Karincaoglu, Yelda; ERMİŞ, NECİP; Yagmur, Juelide; Atas, Halil; Kurtoglu, Ertugrul; CANSEL, MEHMET; Barutcu, Irfan; PEKDEMİR, HASAN; ÖZDEMİR, Ramazan; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZANThe relationship between Behcet-s disease (BD) and platelet aggregation has not sufficiently been investigated yet. Mean platelet volume (MPV) is a marker of platelet function, and the increase in MPV has been identified as an independent risk factor of recurrent vascular events. BD is characterized by a relapsing vasculitis of the venous as well as arterial thrombosis. However, the precise pathogenic mechanisms underlying thrombotic tendency in BD are not known. We hypothesized that there might be an association between thrombotic complication and MPV in these patients. Therefore, we investigated activation of platelets in patients with BD using a simple marker, MPV, the most accurate measure of platelet size. A total of 60 patients with BD and 40 age- and gender-matched controls were included. The BD patients were divided into subgroups based on the presence (n = 22) or absence of thrombosis (n = 38) and clinically active (n = 30) or inactive (n = 30) state. MPV was higher in patients with BD than controls (8.14 +/- 0.8 vs. 7.48 +/- 0.3 fl, p = 0.001). Among BD patients, MPV was larger in patients with thrombosis than those without thrombosis (8.45 +/- 1.0 vs. 7.96 +/- 0.7 fl, p = 0.038). However, there was no significant difference in MPV between BD patients with active and inactive states. The increase in MPV is independent of the disease activity, and the presence of thrombosis is associated with higher MPV in BD patients. Therefore, antiplatelet therapy may be useful to prevent thrombotic complications in BD patients.
- PublicationMetadata only[Degeneration of atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia into polymorphic ventricular tachycardia: a case report].(2011-03-01T00:00:00Z) Açıkgöz, NUSRET; Kılıç, Ayhan; Jata, Bekim; Köse, Sedat; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET
- PublicationMetadata onlyElevated Oxidative Stress Markers and its Relationship With Endothelial Dysfunction in Behcet Disease(2011-05-01T00:00:00Z) Acikgoz, Nusret; ERMİŞ, NECİP; Yagmur, Julide; CANSEL, MEHMET; Karincaoglu, Yelda; Atas, Halil; Cuglan, Bilal; Barutcu, Irfan; PEKDEMİR, HASAN; ÖZDEMİR, Ramazan; AÇIKGÖZ, NUSRET; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZANBehcet-s disease (BD) is a multisystemic disorder characterized by endothelial dysfunction. However, the relationship between oxidative stress and endothelial function has not been clearly shown. We investigated the relationship between oxidative stress markers and endothelial function in patients with BD. Patients with BD (n = 40) having active disease and sex-and age-matched 40 controls were included. Endothelial function was assessed by flow-mediated dilatation (FMD) technique. Serum gammaglutamyltransferase (GGT) and high-sensitive C-reactive protein levels (hsCRP) were measured in all participants. Brachial artery FMD was significantly lower in patients with BD than in controls. Gamma-glutamyltransferase and hsCRP levels were higher in patients with BD than in controls. Also, GGT and hsCRP levels were inversely correlated with endothelial function. Oxidative stress markers are elevated in patients with BD having active disease. This may be one of the reasons behind the vasculitis in active BD.