Person: ARICI, DILEK SEMA
Now showing 1 - 10 of 30
- PublicationMetadata onlyDifüzyon ağırlıklı magnetik rezonans görüntüleme mide adenokarsinomlarının lenf nodu evrelemesinde etkin midir?(2014-04-20) HASBAHCECI, MUSTAFA; AHMAD, IC; YILDIZ, PELİN; ÇİPE, GÖKHAN; KOCAKOÇ, ERCAN; ARICI, DİLEK SEMA; AKÇAKAYA, ADEM; MEMMİ, NAİM; YILDIZ, PELİN; ARICI, DILEK SEMA; AKÇAKAYA, ADEM
- PublicationMetadata onlyBezmialem Vakıf Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Araştırma Eğitiminde Uygulanan Bilimsellik Yatay Stajı ve Değerlendirme Sonuçları.(2019-09-01) Özçelik, Semra; Arıcı, Dilek Sema; Meriç Koç, Meliha; Kazancıoğlu, Rümeyza; ÖZÇELİK, SEMRA; ARICI, DILEK SEMA; MERİÇ KOÇ, MELİHA; KAZANCIOĞLU, RÜMEYZAAim: Research Training Program, which will enable to carry out scientific research by taking responsibility of each student, is carried out in our faculty with an internship called “Scholarly Concentrations Program” in clinical period. The aim of this study is to explain how the practice is done and to evaluate and to share the experiences gained. Material and Methods: In this internship, there are six modules whose purpose and content are determined. In these modules, there are conferences for research education and stages of research that students have prepared together with their advisors. Students choose a adviser among faculty member and sign a standard contract with them. A commission called the Scientific Internship Commission has been established to plan, conduct and control this program. From the first module, students should create a research question with their advisors, make scientific literature reviews, get approval from the ethics committee, and prepare a project if necessary and apply to Scientific Research Projects Unit (BAP). They also have the responsibility to receive statistical support and to continue and complete the research. In the modules, lectures are given by faculty members on research principles. Students are divided into small groups and present the stages of their projects to members of the Scientific Internship Commission and their group friends. Stages of each module have been created and published in a manual. At the end of three semesters of internship, students present their research in the form of oral or poster presentations in the “Research Day” activities organized at Medical Day. The Scientific Internship Commission organizes the program, takes part in the modules and evaluates the feedback received from all parties and reports to the upper units. The members of the Johns Hopkins University, which with whom we coordinate with the program, also contribute to each module. Measurement and evaluation is carried out with a structured scoring system for each module. Results: Scholarly Concentration in 2015-2016 academic year has begun with Term IV and on 14 March 2017 a total of 93 research has been completed and presented as an oral or poster presentation. On the 14th of March 2018, 100 students, who completed the next semester successfully, completed their studies. At present, 130 students in Term IV and 126 students in Term V are continuing their studies to carry out research projects. The research abstracts of 193 students have been published in the supplementary edition of Bezmialem Science, and it is planned to publish the completed projects each year. Conclusion: Scholarly Concentration is designed to teach students scientific literacy. We think that the learning of BVU students by making and living these stages will have a significant contribution to their education. We believe that the spread of similar practices will increase the number of researcher physician in our country.
- PublicationOpen AccessMetachronous metastatic paraganglioma in jejunum as a rare entity: A case report(2015-03-01) Bektasoglu, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; CIPE, Gokhan; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; Arici, DİLEK SEMA; HASBAHCECI, Mustafa; KARATEPE, Oguzhan; MUSLUMANOGLU, Mahmut; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; ARICI, DILEK SEMAPheochromocytomas and paragangliomas are neuroendocrine tumors that arise from chromaffin cells of adrenal medulla and extra-adrenal paraganglia, respectively. The recurrence of these neuroendocrine tumors as a jejunal mass causing obstruction in the small intestine is an exceptional entity. The present study reports the case of a 70-year-old male who presented to the Emergency Department of Bezmialem Vakif University Hospital with abdominal pain and vomiting. The patient possessed a history of left nephrectomy due to malignant pheochromocytoma that had invaded into the left kidney eight months prior to presentation. Bowel obstruction was diagnosed and the patient underwent a laparoscopic procedure. Partial resection of the jejunum was performed and immunohistochemical studies revealed the lesion to be malignant paraganglioma. The majority of paragangliomas are chemo- and radioresistant. Surgical excision remains the primary treatment. Metachronous paraganglioma arising from the small intestine is an extremely rare entity and may be a relevant consideration in patients presenting with bowel obstruction.
- PublicationMetadata onlySmall bowel tumors in emergency surgery(2010-07-01T00:00:00Z) TURAN, MUSTAFA; KARADAYI, KÜRŞAT; DUMAN, Mustafa; ÖZER, HATİCE; Arici, Sema; YILDIRIR, Cihan; KOCAK, Osman; ŞEN, METİN; ARICI, DILEK SEMABACKGROUND
- PublicationOpen AccessImmunohistochemistry with apoptotic-antiapoptotic proteins (p53, p21, bax, bcl-2), c-kit, telomerase, and metallothionein as a diagnostic aid in benign, borderline, and malignant serous and mucinous ovarian tumors(2012-09-20T00:00:00Z) ÖZER, HATİCE; Yenicesu, Goncalmir; Arici, Sema; ÇETİN, MERAL; TUNCER, ERSİN; ÇETİN, ALİ; ARICI, DILEK SEMABackground: In many tumors including ovarian cancer, cell proliferation and apoptosis are important in pathogenesis and there are many alterations in most of the genes related to the cell cycle. This study was designed to evaluate immunohistochemistry with apoptotic-antiapoptotic proteins (p53, p21, bax, and bcl-2), c-kit, telomerase, and metallothionein as a diagnostic aid in typing of benign, borderline, and malignant serous and mucinous ovarian tumors.
- PublicationOpen AccessWhat does the Data of 354,725 Patients from Turkey Tell Us About Cervical Smear Epithelial Cell Abnormalities? - The Epithelial Cell Abnormality Rate is Increasing - Quality Control Studies and Corrective Activity are Musts(2017-05-01) Turkmen, Ilknur Cetinaslan; USUBÜTÜN, ALP; Cakir, Asli; Aydin, Ozlem; Bolat, Filiz Aka; Akbulut, Metin; ALTINAY, Serdar; Arici, Sema; ASLAN, Figen; Astarci, Muzeyyen; Bagir, Emine Kilic; Bas, Yilmaz; Bassullu, Nuray; CELIK, Betul; CETINER, Handan; Cobanoglu, Bengu; Aydin, Abdullah; Demir, Hale; Dogan, Hayriye Tatli; EKEN, Kamile Gulcin; ERHAN, Selma Sengiz; Erdogan, Gulgun; ERDOGAN, Kivilcim Eren; Eren, Funda; Ersoz, Safak; Firat, Pinar; Gurses, Iclal; Haberal, Nihan; KAHRAMAN, Dudu Solakoglu; KAMALI, Gulcin Harman; KARABULUT, Yasemin Yuyucu; Kefeli, Mehmet; Koyuncuoglu, Meral; Koseoglu, R. Dogan; Muezzinoglu, Bahar; ONAL, Binnur; Onder, Sevgen; OZCAN, Zuhal; KIMILOGLU, Elife; Ozer, Hatice; SONMEZ, F. Cavide; Sahin, Sevinc; Yalta, Tulin; ARICI, DILEK SEMA; ŞAHİN, NURHANObjective: There is no other screening program close to the success rate of PAP test. Cervical cytology constitutes a large workload so that quality control in cervical cytology is important for the quality assurance of pathology laboratories.
- PublicationMetadata onlyEpigenetic Inactivation of Tumor Suppressor SFRP2 and Point Mutation in KRAS Proto-Oncogene in Fistula - Associated Mucinous Type Anal Adenocarcinoma: Report of Two Cases(2010-01-01T00:00:00Z) ŞEN, METİN; Ozdemir, Oztuerk; TURAN, MUSTAFA; Arici, Sema; Yildiz, Fazilet; Koksal, Binnur; Goze, Fahrettin; ARICI, DILEK SEMAThe secreted frizzled-related proteins (SFRPs) genes are unmethylated in normal colorectal mucosa tissue but abberant methylation profiles can be detected in colorectal cancer (CRC), adenomas, and in aberrant crypt foci. The aim of the current study was to clarify whether SFRP2 methylation and K-ras structural mutation in fecal DNA can be found in stool and tumoral tissues of individuals with fistula-associated mucinous type anal adenocarcinomas (MTAA). Two man patients (68 and 56 years old) were treated for anorectal fistula in the surgical department. Patients were evaluated for clinical findings, tumoural tissue samples were examined histopathologically and DNA from fecal and tumoral tissue samples were isolated. K-ras mutation and promoter hypermethylation of SFRP2 gene in tumoral tissues were assessed by methylation-specific PCR based stripAssay hybridisation technique (Me-PCR) and compared to the healthy controls. Fecal and tumoural tissue samples from both patients were found to be fully hypermethylated profiles for SFRP2 gene and combined point mutations were detected in codon 12 and 13 of K-ras proto-oncogene. The current results showed that the combined effects of somatic mutations in K-ras and epigenetic alterations in SFRP2 genes may play an active role in the development of mucinous type anal adenocarcinoma.
- PublicationMetadata onlyEffects of the Chemokine Receptor 5 (CCR5)-Delta32 Mutation on Hepatitis C Virus-Specific Immune Responses and Liver Tissue Pathology in HCV Infected Patients(2014-07-01T00:00:00Z) YILMAZ, ABDULKERİM; ALAGÖZLÜ, HAKAN; ÖZDEMİR, ÖZTÜRK; Arici, Sema; ARICI, DILEK SEMABackground: The specific antiviral T cells provide CC chemokine receptor 5 (CCR5) for the immune response during the hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. Heterogenous and/or homozygous 32 base pair deletion in CCR5 gene (CCR5 432 bpdel) leads to reduced protein expression.
- PublicationMetadata onlyDiagnostic performance of immediate colposcopy among women with high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) other than HPV 16/18 and normal cytology(2020-12-01T00:00:00Z) Aydin, Serdar; Oncu, Hande Nur; ARICI, Dilek Sema; ARICI, DILEK SEMAAim Persistent infection with 1 of 14 high-risk genotypes human papillomavirus (HPV) genotypes is the crucial for the development of high-grade cervical cancer precursors. The reassuring management of women with cytology negative, high-risk HPV (HrHPV) positive is important especially after the widespread use of HPV testing either as a cotest. The aim of our study was to compare the colposcopic biopsy results of women with HPV 16/18 with other Hr-HPV genotypes and determine positive predictive values (PPV) for CIN2+ of other HR HPV genotypes.
- PublicationOpen AccessGeneral Overview of Renal Cell Carcinoma with the Evaluation of our cases(2015-12-01) Yildiz, PELİN; Sonmez, FATMA CAVİDE; Buyukpinarbasili, NUR; Gucin, ZÜHAL; Arici, DİLEK SEMA; KOCAKOC, Ercan; Akcay, MUZAFFER; YILDIZ, PELİN; SÖNMEZ, FATMA CAVİDE; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; GÜCİN, ZÜHAL; ARICI, DILEK SEMA; AKÇAY, MUZAFFERObjective: Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the 14th most common tumor in the world. In 2010, the protocol for the examination of kidney specimens with invasive carcinoma of renal tubular origin was updated. The aim of our study was to review 1-year RCC patients of our hospital according to the new protocol, classification, and staging systems with respect to their morphological and immunohistochemical features..
- 1 (current)