Person: BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN
Now showing 1 - 10 of 47
- PublicationOpen AccessRemission of ulcerated necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorum after bariatric surgery.(2013-01-01) BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; COSKUN, HALİL; Kadioglu, HÜSEYİN; MEMMI, NAİM; CIPE, G; ERSOY, YELİZ EMİNE; LEBE, B; MUSLUMANOGLU, M; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; COŞKUN, HALIL; KADIOĞLU, HÜSEYİN; MEMMİ, NAİM; ERSOY, YELIZ EMINEA 32-year-old woman with type 2 diabetes mellitus suffering from morbid obesity with BMI 45,14 kg/m2 was operated on. Not only the type 2DM but also one of its complication known as necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorum remitted postoperatively. Obesity should no longer be regarded simply as a cosmetic problem affecting certain individuals but an epidemic that threatens global well-being. It causes or exacerbates many health problems, and in particular, it is associated with the type 2 diabetes. Necrobiosis lipoidica is a granulomatous skin disease of unknown etiology, associated mainly with diabetes mellitus. We presented in this paper a morbid obese case of necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorum with dramatic good response to bariatric surgery.
- PublicationOpen AccessComparison of Weight Loss, Ghrelin, and Leptin Hormones After Ligation of Left Gastric Artery and Sleeve Gastrectomy in a Rat Model.(2017-03-24) YARDIMCI, ERKAN; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; CENGIZ, MB; Malya, FATMA ÜMİT; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİTBACKGROUND Ligation of the left gastric artery (LLGA), which supplies the fundus of the stomach, may reduce the appetite hormone ghrelin, resulting in weight control. The aim of this study was to compare LLGA and sleeve gastrectomy (SG) in terms of postoperative outcomes in a rat model. MATERIAL AND METHODS Fifteen male Wistar albino rats, weighing >350 grams (range 350-525 grams), were enrolled in LLGA (N=5), SG (N=5), and control (N=5) groups. Blood samples were drawn preoperatively and also during the first and fourth week postoperatively to assay ghrelin and leptin hormone levels. Body weight was measured in each group. RESULTS The maximum reduction in ghrelin level (41.5%) was found in the LLGA group. Considerable% total weight loss (TWL) (mean 24.1%) was observed in the SG group, and slight%TWL was noted in the control and LLGA groups (means of 0.1% and 2.1%, respectively). There was no significant difference in mean percent weight change between the LLGA and the SG groups (p=0.08). Blood sample analysis revealed no statistically significant changes in ghrelin or leptin levels between the groups (p=0.9 and p=0.3, respectively). CONCLUSIONS We present evidence that LLGA causes the same reduction in ghrelin hormone levels as SG at 4 weeks after surgery in a rat model. However, LLGA did not cause the same%TWL as SG. The mechanism of weight loss in SG is most likely due to restriction and to the effects of the procedure, rather than due to neurohormonal changes.
- PublicationMetadata onlyUNUSUALLY LOCATED PROLIFERATING TRICHOLEMMAL TUMOUR: CASE REPORT(2013-09-01) KADIOĞLU, HÜSEYİN; YILDIZ, ŞEYMA; YÜCEL, Serap; ERSOY, YELİZ EMİNE; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; Müslümanoğlu, Mahmut; KADIOĞLU, HÜSEYİN; YILDIZ, ŞEYMA; ERSOY, YELIZ EMINE; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyFeasibility of breast conserving surgery in multifocal breast cancers(2014-09-01) Kadioglu, HÜSEYİN; YUCEL, Serap; Yildiz, Seyma; Bozkurt, SÜLEYMAN; Ersoy, YELİZ EMİNE; SAGLAM, Esra; MUSLUMANOGLU, Mahmut; KADIOĞLU, HÜSEYİN; YILDIZ, ŞEYMA; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; ERSOY, YELIZ EMINEBACKGROUND: Multifocal breast cancers (MFBCs) present a challenge to surgeons. Although its feasibility is still controversial, breast-conserving surgery (BCS) is not contraindicated for MFBCs. The investigators retrospectively evaluated the feasibility of BCS and reviewed histopathologic findings in patients with MFBC.
- PublicationOpen AccessRoutine use of positron-emission tomography/computed tomography for staging of primary colorectal cancer: Does it affect clinical management?(2013-02-01T00:00:00Z) Cipe, Gokhan; Ergul, Nurhan; Hasbahceci, Mustafa; Firat, Deniz; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; MEMMİ, NAİM; Karatepe, Oguzhan; Muslumanoglu, Mahmut; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; MEMMİ, NAİMBackground: The use of positron emission tomography-computed tomography (PET/CT) for the preoperative staging of patients with colon and rectal cancer has increased steadily over the last decade. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of PET/CT on the preoperative staging and clinical management of patients with colorectal cancer.
- PublicationMetadata onlyReliability, validity, and factorial structure of the Turkish version of the Weight Self-Stigma Questionnaire (Turkish WSSQ)(2017-01-01T00:00:00Z) SEVİNÇER, GÜZİN MUKADDES; Kaya, Aysenur; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; Akin, Ercan; Kose, Samet; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMANOBJECTIVE: The Weight Self-Stigma Questionnaire (WSSQ) is a comprehensive instrument for the assessment of weight self-stigma in obesity and has been validated in several languages. The purpose of this study was to examine the psychometric properties and validate the Turkish version of the WSSQ in a sample of severely obese patients in Turkey.
- PublicationOpen AccessPerforated gastrointestinal stromal tumor in the jejunum: A rare cause of acute abdomen(2012-12-01) Memmi, NAİM; CIPE, Gokhan; BEKTASOGLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; TOYDEMIR, Toygar; Kadioglu, Huseyn; Bozkurt, SÜLEYMAN; Buyukpinarbasili, NUR; KARATEPE, Oguzhan; MUSLUMANOGLU, Mahmut; MEMMİ, NAİM; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NURGastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) are highly frequent mesenchymal tumors of the digestive tract, which mainly affect the stomach and small intestine. GISTs frequently exist with unclear symptoms. Their initial clinical presentation as acute abdomen due to their perforation is particularly rare. In the present study we report a case of a 59-year-old male presenting with acute abdomen. The final diagnosis revealed a small bowel perforation due to GIST. In this paper, we report the clinical manifestation as well as computed tomography and histopathological findings helpful for the accurate diagnosis of this rare complication of GIST. Emergency laparotomy and complete resection of tumor are essential. Following surgical resection, adjuvant tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy should be considered for prevention of early recurrence.
- PublicationMetadata onlyA reliable pancreaticojejunal anastomosis with V-Loc 180 wound closure device for soft pancreatic stump.(2014-03-01) Malya, FATMA ÜMİT; KARATEPE, O; BEKTASOGLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; CIPE, G; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; HASBAHCECI, M; OZTURK, G; YILDIZ, KEMALETTİN; MUSLUMANOGLU, M; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; YILDIZ, KEMALETTİN
- PublicationMetadata onlyClinical Significance of Intraoperative Frozen Section Analysis of Pancreatic Cancer Surgical Margin at the Time of Pancreaticoduodenectomy.(2015-09-01) BENDER, O; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; BUYUKPINARBASILI, NUR; Malya, FATMA ÜMİT; BATTAL, M; KARATEPE, O; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT
- PublicationMetadata onlyIs concomitant cholecystectomy with laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy safe?(2014-12-01) COŞKUN, HALİL; HASBAHCECI, M; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; CIPE, G; Malya, FATMA ÜMİT; Memmi, NAİM; KARATEPE, O; Akçakaya, ADEM; MUSLUMANOGLU, M; COŞKUN, HALIL; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; MEMMİ, NAİM; AKÇAKAYA, ADEM