Person: TAŞLIDERE, ELİF
Now showing 1 - 10 of 38
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe Effect of Ceftriaxone on Testicular Connexin 43 Expression.(2016-03-01T00:00:00Z) Sahin, Levent; Sahin, Hilal; VARDI, NİGAR; Karahan, Feride; YILDIZ, AZİBE; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF; GÜL, SEMİR; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF
- PublicationMetadata onlyResveratrol reduces light and electron microscopic changes in acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in rats: Role of iNOS expression(2018-01-01T00:00:00Z) Elbe, Hulya; GÜL, MEHMET; Cetin, Asli; Taslidere, Elif; Ozyalin, Fatma; TÜRKÖZ, YUSUF; Otlu, Ali; TAŞLIDERE, ELİFIntroduction: Hepatotoxicity is amajor complication of acetaminophen (APAP), a widely used analgesic and antipyretic drug. Resveratrol (RSV) is a naturally occurring diphenol and it has anticancer, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. Objectives: In this study, the beneficial effects of RSV on APAP-induced hepatotoxicity was investigated in rats. Materials and methods: Group 1: Ethanol, Group 2: Saline, Group 3: RSV (10 mg/kg/ip), Group 4: APAP (1000 mg/kg/ip/single dose), Group 5: APAP+RSV (20 min after administration of APAP). The rats were sacrificed 24 h after administration of APAP. Light and electron microscopic changes were evaluated. Levels of malondialdehyde (MDA) and glutathione (GSH), catalase (CAT), and superoxide dismutase (SOD) activities were determined in liver tissue. Results: Rats of the ethanol, saline, and RSV groups did not present any histopathological alterations. In the APAP group, we observed vascular congestion, necrosis, inflammation, sinusoidal dilatation, and loss of glycogen content. In the APAP+RSV group, these changes were markedly reduced. iNOS immunostaining showed very weak positive stained hepatocytes the sections of control, saline, and RSV groups. However, in the APAP group, iNOS immunostaining was most evident in pericentral hepatocytes. In the same areas in APAP+RSV group, intensity of iNOS immunostaining decreased. A significant increase in MDA and decreases in GSH level, CAT, and SOD activity indicated that APAP-induced hepatotoxicity was mediated through oxidative stress. Significant beneficial changes were noted in tissue oxidative stress indicators in rats treatedwith RSV. Conclusion: These biochemical, histopathological, and ultrastructural findings revealed that RSV reduced the severity of APAP-induced alterations in liver.
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe useful effect of beta-glucan in a C57BL/J6 mouse model that has oxidative and neuronal damage caused by global cerebral ischemia/reperfusion(2016-09-01) Kaya, K.; ÇİFTÇİ, OSMAN; ÖZTANIR, MUSTAFA NAMIK; Taslidere, ELİF; Basak, N.; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF
- PublicationMetadata onlyEffects of melatonin on acetylsalicylic acid induced gastroduodenal and jejunal mucosal injury(2018-01-01T00:00:00Z) taslidere, elif; VARDI, NİGAR; PARLAKPINAR, HAKAN; YILDIZ, AHMET; Taslidere, BAHADIR; Karaaslan, M. G.; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF; TAŞLIDERE, BAHADIRWe evaluated the effects of melatonin on acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) induced gastroduodenal and jejunal mucosal injury. We used 40 postpubertal rats divided randomly into five groups of eight animals. The control group consisted of untreated animals. The Mel group was injected intraperitoneally (i.p.) with 5mg/kg melatonin. The ASA group was injected i.p. with 200mg/kg ASA. The ASA + Mel group was injected i.p. with 5mg/kg melatonin 45min after administering 200mg/kg ASA i.p. The Mel + ASA group was injected i.p. with 5mg/kg melatonin 45min before administering 200mg/kg ASA i.p. We found no statistically significant differences in mean histopathological scores in the ASA + Mel group compared to the ASA group. ASA caused shortened villi and loss of the apical villus in the duodenum. The histopathological score was increased and villus height was decreased in the ASA group compared to untreated controls. Treatment with melatonin attenuated the histological damage. In the ASA group, occasional areas showed erosion of villi in the jejunum; however, differences in mean histopathological score in ASA group compared to the other groups were not statistically significant. Malondialdehyde (MDA), glutathione (GSH) and superoxide dismutase (SOD) activities were measured in stomach, duodenal and jejunum tissue. We found increased MDA activity in both stomach and duodenal tissues in the ASA group compared to the control group (p<0.05). We found no statistically significant changes in MDA levels in jejunal tissue in the ASA group compared to the control group. We found no change in SOD activity in either stomach or duodenal tissues in the ASA group compared to the control group. We observed decreased SOD activity in jejunal tissue in the ASA group compared to the control group (p<0.05). We detected no change in GSH activity in stomach, duodenal or jejunal tissues in the ASA group compared to the control group. The stomach damage was less in melatonin treated groups, but the lesions were not completely eliminated. The jejunum in the ASA group retained a nearly normal appearance. We found that melatonin exhibited some healing effects on ASA induced duodenal mucosal injury.
- PublicationMetadata onlyDesign of Xylose-Based Semisynthetic Polyurethane Tissue Adhesives with Enhanced Bioactivity Properties.(2016-02-01T00:00:00Z) BALCIOGLU, S; PARLAKPINAR, H; VARDı, N; DENKBAS, EB; KARAASLAN, MG; GULGEN, S; Taslidere, ELİF; KOYTEPE, S; ATEŞ, B; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF
- PublicationMetadata onlyBeneficial effects of quercetin on renal injury and oxidative stress caused by ciprofloxacin in rats: A histological and biochemical study.(2016-03-01T00:00:00Z) ELBE, H; DOGAN, Z; Taslidere, ELİF; CETIN, A; TURKOZ, Y; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF
- PublicationMetadata onlyProtective effects of dexpanthenol in an experimental model of necrotizing enterocolitis.(2015-07-01T00:00:00Z) KARADAG, A; OZDEMIR, RAMAZAN; KURT, A; PARLAKPINAR, H; POLAT, AYTEN; VARDı, N; Taslidere, ELİF; KARAMAN, A; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZAN; POLAT, AYTEN; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF
- PublicationMetadata onlyProtective and therapeutic effect of apocynin on bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis in rats.(2015-01-01T00:00:00Z) KILIC, T; PARLAKPINAR, H; Taslidere, ELİF; YILDIZ, S; POLAT, AYTEN; VARDı, N; COLAK, C; ERMIS, H; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF; POLAT, AYTEN
- PublicationMetadata onlyDexpanthenol therapy reduces lung damage in a hyperoxic lung injury in neonatal rats.(2016-01-01T00:00:00Z) OZDEMIR, RAMAZAN; DEMIRTAS, G; PARLAKPINAR, H; POLAT, AYTEN; TANBAG, K; Taslidere, ELİF; KARADAG, A; ÖZDEMİR, RAMAZAN; POLAT, AYTEN; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF
- PublicationMetadata onlyEvaluation of the cardiovascular effects of varenicline in rats.(2015-10-22T00:00:00Z) SELÇUK, EB; SUNGU, M; PARLAKPINAR, H; ERMIŞ, N; Taslıdere, ELİF; VARDı, N; YALÇıNSOY, M; SAGıR, M; POLAT, AYTEN; KARATAS, M; KAYHAN-TETIK, B; TAŞLIDERE, ELİF; POLAT, AYTEN