Person: TOK, OLGU ENİS
Now showing 1 - 10 of 39
- PublicationMetadata onlyMelatonin protects against ischemic heart failure in rats(2013-09-01T00:00:00Z) Sehirli, Ahmet Ozer; Koyun, Derya; TETİK, ŞERMİN; ÖZSAVCI, DERYA; YIGINER, Omer; ÇETİNEL, ŞULE; Tok, Olgu Enis; Kaya, Zehra; AKKİPRİK, MUSTAFA; Kilic, Ertugrul; Sener, Goksel; TOK, OLGU ENİSIschemic injury, which occurs as a result of sympathetic hyperactivity, plays an important role in heart failure. Melatonin is thought to have antiatherogenic, antioxidant, and vasodilatory effects. In this study, we investigated whether melatonin protects against ischemic heart failure (HF). In Wistar albino rats, HF was induced by left anterior descending (LAD) coronary artery ligation and rats were treated with either vehicle or melatonin (10 mg/kg) for 4 weeks. At the end of this period, echocardiographic measurements were recorded and the rats were decapitated to obtain plasma and cardiac tissue samples. Lactate dehydrogenase, creatine kinase, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, and lysosomal enzymes (beta-D-glucuronidase, beta-galactosidase, beta-D-N-acetyl-glucosaminidase, acid phosphatase, and cathepsin-D) were studied in plasma samples, while malondialdehyde and glutathione levels and Na+, K+-ATPase, caspase-3 and myeloperoxidase activities were determined in the cardiac samples. Sarco/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase (SERCA) and caveolin-3 levels in cardiac tissues were evaluated using Western blot analyses. Furthermore, caveolin-3 levels were also determined by histological analyses. In the vehicle-treated HF group, cardiotoxicity resulted in decreased cardiac Na+, K+-ATPase and SERCA activities, GSH contents and caveolin-3 levels, while plasma LDH, CK, and lysosomal enzyme activities and cardiac MDA and Myeloperoxidase (MPO) activities were found to be increased. On the other hand, melatonin treatment reversed all the functional and biochemical changes. The present results demonstrate that Mel ameliorates ischemic heart failure in rats. These observations highlight that melatonin is a promising supplement for improving defense mechanisms in the heart against oxidative stress caused by heart failure.
- PublicationMetadata onlyAntioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin against hepatorenal oxidative injury in an experimental sepsis model in rats(2013-11-01T00:00:00Z) SAVCUN, Gulay Yilmaz; OZKAN, Erkan; DULUNDU, ENDER; TOPALOGLU, Umit; Sehirli, Ahmet Ozer; Tok, Olgu Enis; ERCAN, FERİHA; ŞENER, GÖKSEL; TOK, OLGU ENİSBACKGROUND: To investigate the effects of curcumin, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent, on free oxygen radicals and lipid peroxidation in an experimental sepsis model, as well as to determine the role of curcumin in preventing hepatorenal tissue damage caused by sepsis.
- PublicationOpen AccessComparison of Small-diameter-hole and Traditional Microfracture in Cartilage Repair and the Effect of Adding a Hyaluronic Acid-based Acellular Matrix Scaffold: An Animal Study(2021-03-01T00:00:00Z) UÇAN, VAHDET; YILDIZ, FATİH; ELMADAĞ, Nuh Mehmet; UZER, GÖKÇER; GÜZEL, YUNUS; TOK, OLGU ENİS; Mukaddes, E.; UÇAN, VAHDET; YILDIZ, FATİH; ELMADAĞ, NUH MEHMET; UZER, GÖKÇER; TOK, OLGU ENİS; EŞREFOĞLU, MUKADDESAbstract Objective: Since, there is no standardized technique for the treatment of focal cartilage defects that can recreate original cartilage tissue; researchers continue to explore and evaluate various treatment modalities. This study compared post-operatke healing of cartilage defects after treatment with small-diameter-hole microfracture (SDHM) technique with that of traditional microfracture technique. The effects of the hole density and augmentation with hyaluronic acid-based acellular matrix (HA-based AM) on cartilage healing were also investigated. Methods: Articular cartilage defects measuring 5 mm in diameter and 3 mm in depth were created in each femoral trochlear groove of 21 New Zealand rabbits. Rabbits were assigned to seven groups comprising six knees each. The rabbits were sacrificed 12 weeks later, and the regenerated cartilage was harvested for histological evaluation using the Wakitani scoring system. Results: All defects were filled with regenerated tissue macroscopically. Group I (14; range 10-14 points) had significantly higher Wakitani score than in groups VI (6; range 1-11 points) and VII (5; range 3-10 points) (p=0.043 and p=0.016, respectively). No significant differences were observed among the other groups. Augmentation with HA-based AM did not contribute to cartilage healing. Conclusion: Improved cartilage healing was observed with increasing SDHM density than with traditional microfracture technique. SDHM combined with HA-based AM implantation did not improve the quality of the regenerated cartilage.
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe Effect of Apelin on Podocytes in Doxorubicin Induced Nephrotic Syndrome.(2017-05-21) Özkan, Naziye; SEHIRLI, AHMET OZER; Yüksel, Meral; Çilingir, Özlem Tuğçe; TOK, OLGU ENİS; Aydemir, Sezgin; Koç, Mehmet; CETINEL, SULE; TOK, OLGU ENİS
- PublicationMetadata onlyUzun Süreli ve Düşük Doz Siklosporin Kullanımının Böbrek Dokusu Üzerine Apopitotik Etkileri(2014-03-09) Garip, Aylin; Uzak, Emirhan; TOK, OLGU ENİS; ESREFOGLU, MUKADDES; AKTAS, R. G.; TOK, OLGU ENİS; EŞREFOĞLU, MUKADDES
- PublicationMetadata onlyMechanisms of the effects of Erythropoietin in wound healing: A morphologic study.(2012-01-01T00:00:00Z) Aktas, R. G.; Guven, A.; Ozacmak, H. S.; Ozacmak, V. H.; Ickin, M.; TOK, OLGU ENİS; Oktayer, A. G.; TOK, OLGU ENİS
- PublicationMetadata onlyElectromagnetic Waves Emitted By Mobile Phones Effect On The Testis Morphology Of Rat, Cell Death and Blood-Testis Barrier: Evaluation for Infertility.(2014-09-12) TOK, OLGU ENİS; SEHIRLI, AHMET OZER; ERCAN, FERIHA; TOK, OLGU ENİS
- PublicationMetadata onlySuccess rate of different surgical methods for sperm retrieval: a study of 211 azoospermic Turkish patients with normal karyotype(2012-01-01T00:00:00Z) OZDEMIR, A. A.; Aktas, R. G.; TOK, OLGU ENİS; TOK, OLGU ENİS
- PublicationMetadata onlyMito Tracker labeling in HepG2 Cell Cultures: Influence of different staining techniques on the morphology of mitochondria.(2012-01-01T00:00:00Z) Aktasl, R. G.; KARAHUSEYINOGLU, S.; Karabork, M.; TOK, OLGU ENİS; Yucel, D.; TOK, OLGU ENİS
- PublicationMetadata onlyGenç Ve Yaşlı Sprague-Dawley Sıçanlarda Parsiyel Hepatektomi Sonrası Melatoninin Karaciğer Rejenerasyonuna Etkisi.(2016-05-03) TOK, OLGU ENİS; AYDIN, M. S.; ESREFOGLU, MUKADDES; IRAZ, M.; KESKİN, Sıdıka; KOÇYİĞİT, ABDÜRRAHİM; TOK, OLGU ENİS; EŞREFOĞLU, MUKADDES; KOÇYİĞİT, ABDÜRRAHİM