Person: ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA
Now showing 1 - 10 of 58
- PublicationMetadata onlyComparison of the effects of different rapid maxillary expansion techniques on craniofacial structures: a finite element analysis study.(2023-03-06) Kaya N.; Seker E. D.; Yücesoy T.; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA
- PublicationMetadata onlyDo we pay for maxillary protraction? Evaluation of the effects of Alt-RAMEC protocol and face mask treatment on root development(2021-11-01T00:00:00Z) YILMAZ, BERZA; ŞEKER, Elif Dilara; YILMAZ, HANİFE NURAY; Kucukkeles, Nazan; YILMAZ, BERZA; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARAObjectives To evaluate root development of pediatric patients treated with Alt-RAMEC + Face mask therapy. Material and methods The 19 subjects (9 girls, 10 boys; mean age: 8.6 +/- 1.1 years) treated with Alt-RAMEC and a Petit-type face mask were included to the study. The cone-beam tomography (CBCT) records of these patients were used to quantify the root length. The root length measurements of 456 permanent teeth (maxillary-mandibular incisors, canines, premolars, and first molars) were performed at the beginning of the treatment (T0), after the Alt-RAMEC protocol (T1), and at the end of the face mask treatment (T2) using Planmeca Romexis software. Results Tooth length values increased significantly in the maxillary teeth except the central incisors, left lateral incisor, the palatal root of the right first molar, and distal and palatinal roots of the left first molar (p < 0.05). Mandibular teeth also showed significant increase in the root length except mandibular central incisors and the distal root of left first molar (p < 0.05). The change in tooth lengths from T0 to T1 showed positive delta values. The comparison of the change in tooth lengths after the Alt-RAMEC protocol and after the face mask therapy showed that increment T2-T1 was statistically significantly higher compared with increment T1-T0 (p < 0.05). Conclusions Alt-RAMEC + Face mask therapy seem not to inhibit root development of maxillary and mandibular teeth in the mixed dentition.
- PublicationMetadata onlyGüncel Ortodonti ve Pedodonti Çalışmaları(2020-09-01T00:00:00Z) Kaya, Nihal; Şeker, Elif Dilara; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA
- PublicationOpen AccessEvaluation of Dental Anxiety Levels of Students from Different Departments(2021-02-01T00:00:00Z) Yücesoy, Türker; Şeker, Elif Dilara; Balcı, Rumeysa; YÜCESOY, TÜRKER; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARAObjective: This study aimed to evaluate and compare the anxiety levels among dentistry students and students from other departments and to assess the effects of classes at pre-clinic labs or dentistry clinics on the dental fear of dentistry students. Materials and Methods: A total of 993 students, including 744 (75%) women and 249 (25%) men, were asked to answer the Modified Dental Anxiety scale (MDAS) and Dental Fear scale. Four groups were created according to the departments: Dentistry (group 1), medicine (group 2), health-related (group 3) and others (group 4). The participants scored their anxiety levels from 1 (no anxiety) to 5 (high anxiety). Statistical analysis was performed and values of p<0.05 were considered statistically significant. Results: The dentistry students scored lower than the other three groups in the MDAS (p<0.001). For the education process of dentistry, no significant difference was observed in other questions regarding pre-clinic dentistry and dentistry clinic periods (p>0.05). Conclusion: Results of this study showed that the dental anxiety levels of dentistry students were lower than those of students from other departments and that preclinic or dentistry clinic classes did not affect dental anxiety.
- PublicationMetadata onlyEvaluating the changes in nasal airway volume and nasal airflow after surgically assisted rapid maxillary expansion(2022-01-01T00:00:00Z) ALAGÖZ, ELİFHAN; Unver, Tugba; ŞEKER, Elif Dilara; KURT, GÖKMEN; ŞENTÜRK, EROL; Ozdem, Abdullah; DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN; ALAGÖZ, ELİFHAN; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA; KURT, GÖKMEN; ŞENTÜRK, EROL; ÖZDEM, ABDULLAH; DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN© 2022 Elsevier Inc.Objective: This study aims to compare the changes in the nasal airway volume and nasal airflow using acoustic rhinometry (AR), rhinomanometry (RMN), and dental volumetric tomography (DVT) after surgically assisted rapid maxillary expansion (SARME). Study Design: Our study consists of 13 adults, 3 male and 10 female patients, aged between 15 and 26, with completed skeletal development. In our study, DVT imaging was obtained twice, preoperation and 3 months after expansion. AR and RMN measurements were recorded, and Visual Analog Score (VAS) and Nasal Obstruction Symptom Evaluation (NOSE) Scale surveys were scored at preoperation and 3 months after expansion. Nasopharyngeal-oropharyngeal airway volume and areas were calculated using the Romexis 3.8.3.R (Planmeca, Helsinki, Finland) and Nemotec V2019 (Madrid, Spain) software programs. IBM SPSS Statistics 22 (SPSS IBM, Armonk, New York) was used for statistical analysis. Results: Comparing the preoperation and postexpansion measurements by both software programs revealed a statistically significant increase in the nasopharyngeal airway volume. No statistically significant change was observed in the oropharyngeal airway volume. Furthermore, we found a statistically significant increase in VAS but a significant decrease in NOSE. Conclusion: According to our findings, nasal airway volume increased after SARME, and although there was no significant change in nasal resistance, patients’ quality of life increased significantly.
- PublicationMetadata onlyKök Kanal Tedavisi Uygulanan Dişlerde Ortodontik Tedaviye Bağlı Oluşan Kök Rezorpsiyonlarının Değerlendirilmesi(2020-03-01T00:00:00Z) DİNÇER, ASİYE NUR; ŞEKER, ELİF DİLARA; DİNÇER, ASİYE NUR; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA
- PublicationMetadata onlyBeden Dismorfik Bozukluk Riski ile Ortodontik Tedavi Beklentisi ve Maloklüzyon Şiddeti Arasındaki İlişkinin Değerlendirilmesi(2023-02-26) ŞEKER E. D.; YÜCESOY T.; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA
- PublicationMetadata onlyHızlı Maksiler Ekspansiyon Protokolünde Farklı Tekniklerin Sonlu Elemanlar Analiziyle Karşılaştırılması(2022-11-20) Kaya N.; ŞEKER E. D.; YÜCESOY T.; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA
- PublicationMetadata onlyOrtodontik Tedavi Talebiyle Başvuran Hastaların Beden Dismorfik Bozukluk Prevalansının Araştırılması(2021-11-30T00:00:00Z) Kösen, Ezgi; Şeker, Elif Dilara; Yücesoy, Türker; Temel, Mehmet Civan; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA
- PublicationMetadata onlyMaloklüzyonların Adolesanların Ağız Sağlığı ile İlgili Yaşam Kalitesine Etkisi(2022-09-11T00:00:00Z) SUNAL AKTÜRK, EZGİ; YAVUZ, FATMA NUR; ÜNSAL, HÜMEYRA; ŞEKER, ELİF DİLARA; SUNAL AKTÜRK, EZGİ; ŞEKER, ELIF DILARA