Person: BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR
Now showing 1 - 10 of 58
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe Association Between Paranasal Mucous Retention Cysts and Allergic Sensitization(2021-01-01T00:00:00Z) USTABAŞ KAHRAMAN, Feyza; YAZICI, MEBRURE; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; Soylu, Nihal; İŞCAN, AKIN; ÖZKAYA, EMİN; USTABAŞ KAHRAMAN, FEYZA; YAZICI, MEBRURE; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; İŞCAN, AKIN; ÖZKAYA, EMİNObjective: Although there is no consensus regarding the etiology of paranasal mucous retention cysts (MRCs) in the literature, several studies suggest an allergic etiology. This study aimed to investigate a potential association between paranasal MRCs diagnosed with MRI scans and allergic sensitization in the pediatric population.
- PublicationMetadata onlySarkoidosis presenting with pleural involvement(2014-12-01) KUTBAY OZCELIK, HATICE; BAYRAM, MEHMET; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; KANSU, ABDULLAH; AKKOYUNLU, MUHAMMED EMİN; SEZER, M; OKYALTIRIK, FATMANUR; YAKAR, FATİH; KART, L; BAYRAM, MEHMET; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; KANSU, ABDULLAH; AKKOYUNLU, MUHAMMED EMİN; OKYALTIRIK, FATMANUR
- PublicationOpen AccessA novel sutureless colonic anastomosis with self-gripping mesh: an experimental model.(2014-05-15) CIPE, G; Malya, FATMA ÜMİT; HASBAHCECI, M; ATUKEREN, P; BUYUKPINARBASILI, NUR; KARATEPE, O; MUSLUMANOGLU, M; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NURIntroduction: Anastomotic leakage is one of the most feared complications of colorectal surgery. High morbidity and mortality rates are related to this complication and several studies had been performed to test new techniques which are suggested to reduce leakage rates. The aim of our study was to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of a novel technique sutureless anastomosis with self-gripping mesh in an animal model by examining wound healing process in anastomosis. Methods: In this study sixteen Norwegian Wistar Albino female rats were used. The rats' weights ranged from 250 to 300 g. The rats were divided into control and study groups. The control group underwent a colocolic anastomosis using the conventional method of hand-sewing with single-layer interrupted nonabsorbable sutures. The study group underwent a colocolic anastomosis using self-gripping mesh without sutures. These rats were sacrificed on the 10th postoperative day. The sample pieces obtained from the groups were subjected to anastomotic bursting pressure tests, to a test for hydroxyproline levels in the tissue and to histopathological examinations. The tissue was evaluated in terms of quantity of inflammatory cells, fibroblasts, neovascularization level and collagen content and classified according to the Ehrlich-Hunt model. Statistical analysis was done by using Mann-Whitney U test. Results: The burst pressure mean ± range of control and study groups were 162 ± 78 and 123 ± 35, respectively (P = 0.049). The mean peritoneal adhesion grades were 3.2 ± 0.7 in the study group and 2.3 ± 0.7 in the control group (P = 0.036). The operative time was significantly shorter in the study group. The difference between the groups by mean of hydroxyproline levels was found to be significant (P = 0.001). According to histopathological examinations by means of the Ehrlich-Hunt model, the fibroblast activation and collagen fiber ratio were higher in the study group and the difference between these measurements was statistically significant (P = 0.006; P = 0.028). Conclusion: This study showed that use of self-gripping meshes for colocolic anastomosis in rats is a safe and feasible method. It is suggested that the most important advantage of this technique is the shorter operative time.
- PublicationOpen AccessGiant Cell Arteritis of the Breast(2015-12-01T00:00:00Z) Buyukpinarbasili, Nur; GÜCİN, ZÜHAL; ERSOY, YELİZ EMİNE; YILDIZ, ŞEYMA; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; GÜCİN, ZÜHAL; ERSOY, YELIZ EMINE; YILDIZ, ŞEYMASystemic vasculitis such as Wegener-s granulomatosis (WG), giant cell arteritis (GCA), and poliarteritis nodosa (PAN) may produce tumor-like masses in various organs. GCA may affect large vessels and also rarely present with primary visceral involvement in the breast. In these situations, GCA may confuse with malignancy because of characteristics such as tenderness, redness, and mass formation. This article presents a case report on an 87-year-old woman with palpable mass in her breast and was diagnosed as GCA in the biopsied lesion.
- PublicationMetadata onlyBilateral İnvaziv Müsınöz Adenokarsınom(2017-05-07) KÖK, ABDÜLAZİZ; AKDEMİR, OSMAN CEMİL; ZİYADE, SEDAT; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; SOYSAL, ÖMER; KÖK, ABDÜLAZİZ; AKDEMİR, OSMAN CEMİL; ZİYADE, SEDAT; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; SOYSAL, ÖMER
- PublicationOpen AccessLeiomyoma of the esophagus: open versus thoracoscopic enucleation(2014-01-01) Ziyade, SEDAT; Buyukpinarbasili, NUR; YEDIYILDIZ, Senel; Kadioglu, HÜSEYİN; Soysal, Omer; ZİYADE, SEDAT; KADIOĞLU, HÜSEYİN; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; SOYSAL, ÖMERBackground/aim: To describe a novel, easy, and secure thoracoscopic surgical approach for esophageal leiomyomas.
- PublicationMetadata onlyTriple-negative breast cancer presented with metastasis to the heart as first sign of recurrence(2020-10-01T00:00:00Z) Bayramgil, Ayberk; Bilici, Ahmet; Hamdard, Jamshid; Acikgoz, Ozgur; Seker, Mehmet; Kilicaslan, Fethi; KÖKSAL, CENGİZ; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; Mammadov, Elkhan; Goktas Aydin, Sabin; Olmez, Omer Fatih; Yildiz, Ozcan; KÖKSAL, CENGİZ; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR
- PublicationOpen AccessPerforated gastrointestinal stromal tumor in the jejunum: A rare cause of acute abdomen(2012-12-01) Memmi, NAİM; CIPE, Gokhan; BEKTASOGLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; TOYDEMIR, Toygar; Kadioglu, Huseyn; Bozkurt, SÜLEYMAN; Buyukpinarbasili, NUR; KARATEPE, Oguzhan; MUSLUMANOGLU, Mahmut; MEMMİ, NAİM; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NURGastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) are highly frequent mesenchymal tumors of the digestive tract, which mainly affect the stomach and small intestine. GISTs frequently exist with unclear symptoms. Their initial clinical presentation as acute abdomen due to their perforation is particularly rare. In the present study we report a case of a 59-year-old male presenting with acute abdomen. The final diagnosis revealed a small bowel perforation due to GIST. In this paper, we report the clinical manifestation as well as computed tomography and histopathological findings helpful for the accurate diagnosis of this rare complication of GIST. Emergency laparotomy and complete resection of tumor are essential. Following surgical resection, adjuvant tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy should be considered for prevention of early recurrence.
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe effects of lauromacrogol on thyroid tissue in rabbits. Is this a safe option for the treatment of nodular thyroid disease?(2016-01-01) IDIZ, UO; Aysan, E; CAN, I; BUYUKPINARBASILI, NUR; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; BEKTASOGLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM; AYŞAN, MUSTAFA ERHAN; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; YARDIMCI, ERKAN; BEKTAŞOĞLU, HÜSEYİN KAZIM
- PublicationMetadata onlyClinical Significance of Intraoperative Frozen Section Analysis of Pancreatic Cancer Surgical Margin at the Time of Pancreaticoduodenectomy.(2015-09-01) BENDER, O; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; BUYUKPINARBASILI, NUR; Malya, FATMA ÜMİT; BATTAL, M; KARATEPE, O; BOZKURT, SÜLEYMAN; BÜYÜKPINARBAŞILI, NUR; MALYA, FATMA ÜMİT