Person: DEMİREL, METİN
Now showing 1 - 10 of 12
- PublicationMetadata onlyMolecular cloning and characterization of NAD(+) dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase enzyme from Shewanella putrefaciens(2021-10-01T00:00:00Z) Fahri, Akbas; Metin, Demirel; Ahmet, Ozaydin; Sahabettin, ŞAHBETTİN; AKBAŞ, FAHRİ; DEMİREL, METİN; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİNIsocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) is a fundamental enzyme for carbon metabolism in the Krebs cycle. This enzyme is required for oxidation-reduction reactions in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells and plays a critical role in their growth and pathogenesis. In this study, we cloned the gene encoding NAD(+) dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase from Shewanella putrefaciens. The expression of recombinant protein was induced with 0.5 mM of IPTG. His-tagged IDH overexpressed in E. coli was purified and characterized. The expressed IDH enzyme was purified in an active soluble form. The molecular weight of the enzyme was confirmed with Western blotting. High sequence homology was observed with IDH sequences of other Shewanella strains and remarkable sequence homology was found with other bacteria reported in the database.
- PublicationMetadata onlyG6PD AND GAPDH AS POTENTIAL DIAGNOSTIC BIOMARKERS FOR IRON DEFICIENCY ANEMIA(2021-10-21T00:00:00Z) Demirel, Metin; Selek, Şahabettin; Gül, Ayşe Zehra; Köktaşoğlu, Fatmanur; Sarıkaya, Ufuk; Yıldız, Tuğçe; Dulun Ağaç, Halime; DEMİREL, METİN; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN; GÜL, AYŞE ZEHRA; KÖKTAŞOĞLU, FATMANUR; SARIKAYA, UFUK; YILDIZ, TUĞÇE; DULUN AĞAÇ, HALİME
- PublicationMetadata onlySERUM REFERENCE INTERVALS OF ZINC AND COPPER IN HEALTHY SUBJECTS OF TURKEY POPULATION(2021-10-21T00:00:00Z) Demirel, Metin; Selek, Şahabettin; Yıldız, Tuğçe; Sönmez, Rana; Gül, Ayşe Zehra; Sarıkaya, Ufuk; Köktaşoğlu, Fatmanur; DEMİREL, METİN; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN; YILDIZ, TUĞÇE; GÜL, AYŞE ZEHRA; SARIKAYA, UFUK; KÖKTAŞOĞLU, FATMANUR
- PublicationOpen AccessCould the PON1 phenotype play a key role in insulin resistance?(2022-06-01T00:00:00Z) Sarikaya, Ufuk; Meydan, Sedat; Selek, Şahabettin; Sarikaya, Alime; Demirel, Metin; Gül, Ayşe Zehra; Yildiz, Tuğçe; SARIKAYA, UFUK; MEYDAN, SEDAT; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN; DEMİREL, METİN; GÜL, AYŞE ZEHRA; YILDIZ, TUĞÇEAim/objectivesRecent studies have shown that Paraoxonase (PON1) enzyme plays a possible role in insulin synthesis by stimulating insulin release from β-cells of the pancreas as well as its anti-atherosclerotic property. In our study, we revealed the relationship between phenotypes of the PON1 enzyme and insulin resistance (IR) and impaired fasting glucose (IFG).Materials and methodsA cohort of 71 IR, 63 IFG, and 68 healthy individuals was examined in this study. The phenotypic distribution was demonstrated by studying PON1 enzyme’s Paraoxonase (POase) and Arylesterase (AREase) activity with automated measurement kits.ResultsBy measuring the ratio of POase activity to AREase activity, 3 different phenotypes (QQ (Risky or Bad Phenotype), QR (Notre Phenotype), and RR (Good Phenotype)) were discovered. The results showed that IR and IFG individuals had riskier phenotypes compared to the control group. In addition, individuals with bad phenotypes were found to be 1.85 and 2.16 times more likely to get IR and IFG, respectively. Both groups were found to be four times more likely to be affected by the bad phenotype (odds ratio: 3.69 and 4.47 respectively).ConclusionIn this present study, the relationship between PON1 enzyme phenotypes and IR was evaluated for the first time in this field. Decreased PON1 activity and poor phenotype may also increase the development of hyperglycemia or diabetes mellitus (DM) due to IR and IFG. It may also predispose to diseases such as atherosclerosis. Therefore, we think that further investigations to explain the possible mechanisms underlying the relationship between PON1 phenotypes, IR and IFG will be useful in the early diagnosis and prevention ofprediabetes.
- PublicationMetadata onlyFumaraz enziminin Shewanella putrefaciens bakterisinden üretimi ve biyokimyasal tanı kitlerinde kullanılması(2021-10-31T00:00:00Z) Toruntay, Ceyhun; Korkmaz, Nur Damla; Selek, Şahabettin; Gül, Ayşe Zehra; Demirel, Metin; Sarıkaya, Ufuk; Akbaş, Fahri; TORUNTAY, CEYHUN; KORKMAZ, NUR DAMLA; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN; GÜL, AYŞE ZEHRA; DEMİREL, METİN; AKBAŞ, FAHRİ
- PublicationMetadata onlySERUM METABOLOME ANALYSIS OF IRON DEFICIENCY ANEMIA PATIENTS USING NUCLEAR MAGNETIC RESONANCE(QUANTITATIVE APPROACH)(2021-10-21T00:00:00Z) GÜL, AYŞE ZEHRA; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN; GÖREN, AHMET CEYHAN; DEMİREL, METİN; KÖKTAŞOĞLU, FATMANUR; DULUN AĞAÇ, HALİME; SARIKAYA, UFUK; GÜL, AYŞE ZEHRA; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN; DEMİREL, METİN; KÖKTAŞOĞLU, FATMANUR; DULUN AĞAÇ, HALİME; SARIKAYA, UFUK
- PublicationMetadata onlyMaternal Serum Levels of Zinc, Copper, and Thiols in Preeclampsia Patients: a Case-Control Study.(2021-03-11T00:00:00Z) Gul, Ayse Zehra; Atakul, Nil; Selek, ŞAHBETTİN; Sarıkaya, Ufuk; Yıldız, Tugce; Demirel, Metin; GÜL, AYŞE ZEHRA; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN; SARIKAYA, UFUK; YILDIZ, TUĞÇE; DEMİREL, METİN
- PublicationMetadata onlyMETABOLIC PROFILING STUDY IN SERUM OF PATIENTS WITH POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE AND CHRONIC KIDNEYDISEASE BASED ON 1 H NMR SPECTROSCOPY(2021-10-11T00:00:00Z) Köktaşoğlu, Fatmanur; Demirel, Metin; Gül, Ayşe Zehra; Elçioğlu, Ömer Celal; Aris, Özlem; Selek, Şahabettin; KÖKTAŞOĞLU, FATMANUR; DEMİREL, METİN; GÜL, AYŞE ZEHRA; ELÇİOĞLU, ÖMER CELAL; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN
- PublicationOpen AccessEffect of Camellia sinensis, Hypericum perforatum and Urtica dioica on kidney and liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats.(2019-06-30) Demirel, METİN; Meydan, SEDAT; Caglar, HG; Koktasoglu, F; Selek, ŞAHBETTİN; Sarikaya, A; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN; KÖKTAŞOĞLU, FATMANUR; DEMİREL, METİN; MEYDAN, SEDAT
- PublicationMetadata onlyInvestigation of Trace Element and Oxidative Stress Parameters in Patients with Oral Glucose Tolerance Test(2018-11-27) Demirel M.; Yılmaz S.; Selek Ş.; DEMİREL, METİN; SELEK, ŞAHABETTİN