Person: İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER
Now showing 1 - 10 of 45
- PublicationMetadata onlyA novel AVP gene mutation in a Turkish family with neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus(2016-03-01) Ilhan, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; Tiryakioglu, N. O.; KARAMAN, O.; Coskunpinar, E.; YILDIZ, R. S.; TURGUT, SEDA; Tiryakioglu, D.; TOPRAK, HÜSEYİN; TASAN, ERTUĞRUL; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; TURGUT, SEDA; TOPRAK, HÜSEYİN; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRULPurpose Familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus (FNDI) is a rare, autosomal dominant, inherited disorder which is characterized by severe polydipsia and polyuria generally presenting in early childhood. In the present study, we aimed to analyze the AVP gene in a Turkish family with FNDI.
- PublicationMetadata onlyFarklı bir tirotoksikoz prezentasyonu dilate kardiyomyopati(2012-04-13T00:00:00Z) İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRUL; AKDENİZ, ZEYNEP; TASAL, ABDURRAHMAN; GÖKTEKİN, ÖMER; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER
- PublicationMetadata onlyPreoperative therapeutic plasma exchange for severe hyperthyroidism in a patient with peptic ulcer perforation(2014-10-15) TURGUT, SEDA; ÖZKAN, TUBA; ISMAYILOVA, MEDINA; CENGİZ, MERVE; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; ÇETİN, GÜVEN; TURGUT, SEDA; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; ÇETİN, GÜVEN
- PublicationMetadata onlyHipoglisemi sendromunun fotopletismografi ve elektriksel deri iletkenliği sinyalleri üzerindeki etkisi(2014-09-25) OKKESİM, ŞÜKRÜ; ÇELİK, GAMZE; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRUL; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyTip 1 Diabetes Mellituslu Obez Olguda Bariyatrik Cerrahinin Etkisi(2017-05-03) YASİN, AYŞE İREM; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; MUTLU, EMİNE; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRUL; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; MUTLU, EMİNE; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRUL
- PublicationOpen AccessAn Unusual Case of Cushing’s Syndrome: Coexistence of Functional Pituitary and Adrenal Adenoma(2017-04-01) İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; YASİN ÇETİN, AYŞE İREM; BÜYÜKBAŞLI, NUR; HAMDARD, JAMSHİD; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRUL; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRULA case of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)-independent Cushing's syndrome, which develops in the course of ACTH-dependent Cushing's disease, is presented in this report. A 47-year-old woman with a past history of surgery and gamma knife radiosurgery because of Cushing's disease was admitted to the endocrinology clinic with weight gain and unregulated blood glucose levels. Hypercortisolemia was still persisting and diagnostic work-up indicated ACTH-independent Cushing's syndrome. Along with the rare possibility of this coexistence, longstanding ACTH hypersecretion can play a role in functional transition of adrenal adenomas. Further studies are needed to clarify the underlying mechanisms.
- PublicationOpen AccessThe assessment of total antioxidant capacity and superoxide dismutase levels, and the possible role of manganese superoxide dismutase polymorphism in acromegaly.(2018-01-30) ILHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; Turgut, SEDA; TURAN, S; Demirci, Cekic; ERGEN, HA; Korkmaz, Dursun; MEZANI, B; KARAMAN, O; YAYLIM, I; APAK, MR; TASAN, ERTUĞRUL; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; TURGUT, SEDA; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRULOxidative status is attributed to endothelial dysfunction and might be one of the key mechanisms of endothelial dysfunction in acromegaly. In this study, we aimed to investigate the effect of acromegaly on superoxide dismutase (SOD) and total antioxidant capacity (TAC) levels, and the possible influence of human manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD) polymorphism on these levels. 51 acromegaly patients and 57 age and sex matched healthy subjects were recruited to the study in Bezmialem Vakif University Hospital between 2011 and 2014. The median SOD and TAC levels were 42.7 (33-60) pg/mL and 1,313.7 (155-1,902) μM in acromegaly; and 46.3 (38-95) pg/mL and 1,607.3 (195-1,981) μM in healthy subjects (p < 0.001, p < 0.001). SOD levels were decreased in controlled and uncontrolled patients compared to healthy subjects (p = 0.05 and p = 0.002, respectively). Controlled and uncontrolled acromegaly displayed significantly decreased levels of TAC compared to healthy subjects (p < 0.05 and p < 0.001, respectively). SOD levels were not associated with MnSOD polymorphisms in acromegaly. In conclusion, this study showed that acromegaly was associated with decreased levels of SOD and TAC, and controlling the disease activity could not adequately improve these levels.
- PublicationOpen AccessMicrostructural effects of Ramadan fasting on the brain: a diffusion tensor imaging study(2015-05-01) BAKAN, Ayse Ahsen; Yildiz, Seyma; Alkan, ALPAY; YETIS, Huseyin; Kurtcan, SERPİL; Ilhan, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; YILDIZ, ŞEYMA; ALKAN, ALPAY; KURTCAN, SERPİL; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFERPurpose: We aimed to examine whether the brain displays any microstructural changes after a three-week Ramadan fasting period using diffusion tenson imaging. Methods: This study included a study and a control group of 25 volunteers each. In the study group, we examined and compared apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) and fractional anisotropy (FA) values of the participants during (phase 1) and after (phase 2) a period of fasting. The control group included individuals who did not fast. ADC and FA values obtained in phase 1 and phase 2 were compared between the study and control groups. Results: In the study group, ADC values of hypothalamus and, to a lesser extent, of insula were lower in phase 1 compared with phase 2 and the control group. The FA values of amygdala, middle temporal cortex, thalamus and, to a lesser extent, of medial prefrontal cortex were lower in phase 1 compared with phase 2 and the control group. Phase 2 ADC and FA values of the study group were not significantly different compared with the control group at any brain location. Conclusion: A three-week Ramadan fasting period can cause microstructural changes in the brain, and diffusion tensor imaging enables the visualization of these changes. The identification of brain locations where changes occurred in ADC and FA values during fasting can be helpful in diagnostic imaging and understanding the pathophysiology of eating disorders.
- PublicationMetadata onlyOrucun beyin üzerindeki mikroyapısal etkisinin difüzyon tensör görüntüleme ile değerlendirilmesi(2014-11-16) BAKAN, AYŞE AHSEN; YILDIZ, ŞEYMA; ALKAN, ALPAY; YETİŞ, HÜSEYİN; KURTCAN, SERPİL; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; YILDIZ, ŞEYMA; ALKAN, ALPAY; KURTCAN, SERPİL; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER
- PublicationMetadata onlyBariatrik Cerrahi Planlanan Morbid Obez Bireylerde Beden Algisi, Benlik Saygisi Ve Cinselhayat Kalitesinin İncelenmesi(2016-05-15) EKİNCİ, ESRA; BIKMAZ, PERVİN SEVDA; EKİNCİ, İSKENDER; TURGUT, SEDA; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRUL; İLHAN, MAHMUT MUZAFFER; KARAMAN, ÖZCAN; TAŞAN, ERTUĞRUL