Goal: 08 - İnsana Yakışır İş ve Ekonomik Büyüme
İnsana Yakışır İş ve Ekonomik Büyüme İstikrarlı, kapsayıcı ve sürdürülebilir ekonomik büyümeyi, tam ve üretken istihdamı ve herkes için insana yakışır işleri desteklemek
Publication Search Results
Now showing 1 - 10 of 72
- PublicationMetadata onlyA Catalyst for Social Economy: Society 5.0(Istanbul University Publication, 2023-02-01) Toker K.; TOKER, KEREMAs our planet moves towards the middle of the 21st century, it faces a dizzying digital transformation process. This transformation brings along with it unique and innovative solutions to numerous social, organizational, and managerial issues. The most tangible of these solutions so far is the vision of Society 5.0 announced by the Japanese government in 2016. Within this scope, the purpose of this chapter is to develop conceptual insight into the reasons for the emergence, components, and goals of Society 5.0. Up-to-date research and current reports on the topic have been examined in this context, and a conceptual framework is formed. The findings show that many digital tools of Society 5.0 are already used in economies, but policymakers discuss these tools’ human-centered reuse. As a result, a positive futuristic perspective has been drawn that humanity will continue its life on a more habitable planet for decades to come and unite digital and physical space. Keywords: Society 5.0, Social Economy, Digital Transformation
- PublicationMetadata onlyDemographic and microbial characteristics and drug resistance of childhood tuberculosis in Istanbul: analysis of 1,541 cases(2014-03-01T00:00:00Z) Cakir, ERKAN; Erdem, Ela; OZLU, Nagihan; SEBER, Engin; GENCER, Serap; Kilicaslan, Zeki; ÇAKIR, ERKANIntroduction: Although tuberculosis (TB) is frequently seen in Turkey, there are limited studies on childhood TB. We aimed to describe clinical and laboratory findings, including drug resistance, of children with TB in Istanbul, Turkey.
- PublicationMetadata onlyÜst Gastrointestinal Sistem Endoskopisi Yapılacak Çocuklara İşlem Öncesi Verilen Eğitimin, İşlem Uyumu ve Anksiyete Düzeyi Üzerine Olan Etkisinin Değerlendirilmesi.(2019-12-07T00:00:00Z) Dumandağ, Fatma; KÖSE, SELMİN; DOĞAN, GÜZİDE; DOĞAN, GÜZİDE
- PublicationOpen AccessCOVID-19 associated multisystemic inflammatory syndrome in 614 children with and without overlap with Kawasaki disease-Turk MIS-C study group(2022-02-01T00:00:00Z) ÇİFTDOĞAN, DİLEK YILMAZ; Keles, Yildiz Ekemen; ÇETİN, BENHUR ŞİRVAN; Karabulut, Nazan Dalgic; EMİROĞLU, MELİKE; Bagci, Zafer; Buyukcam, Ayse; Erdeniz, Emine Hafize; ARGA, GÜL; Yesil, Edanur; ÇAKICI, ÖZLEM; Karbuz, Adem; ŞAHBUDAK BAL, ZÜMRÜT; Kara, Soner Sertan; Ozer, Arife; AKCAN, ÖZGE METİN; Bozdemir, Sefika Elmas; ANIL, AYŞE BERNA; Uygun, Hatice; KILIÇ, ÖMER; Torun, Selda Hancerli; Umit, Zuhal; Sutcu, Murat; Ozmen, Berfin Ozgokce; KARAOĞLU ASRAK, HATİCE; Alkan, Gulsum; Aksay, Ahu Kara; Ugur, Cuneyt; Birbilen, Ahmet Ziya; BURSAL DURAMAZ, BURCU; Ozkan, Esra Akyuz; Burakay, Ozgur; Arslan, Sema Yildirim; Oncel, Eda Karadag; Celik, Serkan Fazli; Kilic, Ahmet Osman; Ozen, Seval; Sarikaya, Remzi; Demirkol, Demet; ARSLAN, GAZİ; TÜREL, Özden; SERT, AHMET; Sari, Ergul; ORBAK, Zerrin; Sahin, Irfan Oguz; Varan, Celal; Akturk, Hacer; Oz, Sadiye Kubra Tuter; Durak, Fatih; OFLAZ, MEHMET BURHAN; Kara, Manolya; Karpuz, Derya; Petmezci, Mey Talip; Hatipoglu, Nevin; ÖNCEL, SELİM; TURĞUT, MEHMET; ELMALI, FERHAN; Somer, Ayper; KUYUCU, NECDET; DİNLEYİCİ, ENER ÇAĞRI; KURUGÖL, NURİ ZAFER; ÇİFTCİ, ERGİN; KARA, ATEŞ; BURSAL DURAMAZ, BURCU; TÜREL, ÖZDENMultisystemic inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C) diagnosis remains difficult because the clinical features overlap with Kawasaki disease (KD). The study aims to highlight the clinical and laboratory features and outcomes of patients with MISC whose clinical manifestations overlap with or without KD. This study is a retrospective analysis of a case series designed for patients aged 1 month to 18 years in 28 hospitals between November 1, 2020, and June 9, 2021. Patient demographics, complaints, laboratory results, echocardiographic results, system involvement, and outcomes were recorded. A total of 614 patients were enrolled; the median age was 7.4 years (interquartile range (IQR) 3.9-12 years). A total of 277 (45.1%) patients with MIS-C had manifestations that overlapped with KD, including 92 (33.3%) patients with complete KD and 185 (66.7%) with incomplete KD. Lymphocyte and platelet counts were significantly lower in patients with MISC, overlapped with KD (lymphocyte count 1080 vs. 1280 cells × μL, p = 0.028; platelet count 166 vs. 216 cells × 103/μL, p < 0.001). The median serum procalcitonin levels were statistically higher in patients overlapped with KD (3.18 vs. 1.68 µg/L, p = 0.001). Coronary artery dilatation was statistically significant in patients with overlap with KD (13.4% vs. 6.8%, p = 0.007), while myocarditis was significantly more common in patients without overlap with KD features (2.6% vs 7.4%, p = 0.009). The association between clinical and laboratory findings and overlap with KD was investigated. Age > 12 years reduced the risk of overlap with KD by 66% (p < 0.001, 95% CI 0.217-0.550), lethargy increased the risk of overlap with KD by 2.6-fold (p = 0.011, 95% CI 1.244-5.439), and each unit more albumin (g/dl) reduced the risk of overlap with KD by 60% (p < 0.001, 95% CI 0.298-0.559). Conclusion: Almost half of the patients with MISC had clinical features that overlapped with KD; in particular, incomplete KD was present. The median age was lower in patients with KD-like features. Lymphocyte and platelet counts were lower, and ferritin and procalcitonin levels were significantly higher in patients with overlap with KD.
- PublicationMetadata onlySynthesis, Characterization and Molecular Docking Studies of Highly Selective New Hydrazone Derivatives of Anthranilic Acid and Their Ring Closure Analogue Quinazolin-4(3H)-ones Against Lung Cancer Cells A549(2023-02-01) Tokalı F. S.; Şenol H.; Bulut Ş.; Hacıosmanoğlu Aldoğan E.; ŞENOL, HALIL
- PublicationMetadata onlyÖzel Gereksinimli Çocuğa Eğitim Veren Öğretmenlerde Stresin ve Stigmanın İncelenmesi(2020-07-26T00:00:00Z) Baysal, Ayşenur; BAYSAL, AYŞENUREngelli öğrencinin davranış problemlerinin öğretmenler üzerinde stres yaratabileceği düşünülmektedir fakat bu konuda yeterli çalışmalar mevcut değildir. Çocukların davranış problemleri ile akranları arasındaki ilişkiyi inceleyen birçok araştırma varken, çocuğun davranış problemi ile öğretmenin stresini inceleyen çalışmalar daha azdır. Amaç: Bu çalışma, özel gereksinimli öğrenciye eğitim veren öğretmenlerin stres düzeylerini ve öğretmenlerin özel gereksinimli öğrencilere tutumlarını incelemek için yapılmıştır. Gereç ve Yöntem: Çalışmaya 30 öğretmen dahil edildi. Öğretmenler sınıf öğretmeni ve orta okul öğretmeniydi. Öğretmenler ile yarı yapılandırılmış görüşme yapıldı. Öğretmenlere Algılanan Stres Ölçeği, Sınıf İçi İstenmeyen Davranışlara Yönelik Tutum Ölçeği ve Engelli Bireylerin Eğitilmesine İlişkin Tutum Ölçeği uygulandı. Görüşme sonuçları ve anket sonuçları analiz edildi. Sonuç: Çalışmaya katılan öğretmenler sınıf içerisinde problemler yaşadıklarını söyledi. Bu problemler kurallara uymama , davranış problemleri,iletişim problemleriydi.Öğretmenler yaşadıkları problemlerin kendilerinde stres yarattığını söyledi.Öğretmenler kendilerini -engellilik- alanında yetersiz hissettiklerini ifade etti .Öğretmenlerin özel gereksinimli öğrenciye tutumları olumlu yöndeydi. Tartışma: Öğretmenlerin yaşadıkları stres öğretmenlerin öğretmenlik rollerini olumsuz etkileyebilir. Özel gereksinimli öğrencinin eğitime katılımını olumsuz etkileyebilir. Yaşanan problemler göz önüne alınırsa ergoterapistler eğitimciler ile işbirliği içerisinde çalışabilir.
- PublicationMetadata onlyFrom Social Sustainability to Social Entrepreneurship: A Path for Social Value Creation(2020-12-01T00:00:00Z) Toker, Kerem; TOKER, KEREMDespite the discussion of social sustainability, which has been a crucial component of sustainable development for decades, unfortunately, the desired successful outcomes have not been realized in practice. This failure caused the need to examine the concept of social sustainability differently than ever before. Social entrepreneurship is a valuable tool to meet this need. Concordantly, this chapter purposes to evaluate the relations between social sustainability and social entrepreneurship by comprehensively analyzing them. Discussing this relationship and proposing a new perspective will support overcome theoretical dilemmas and practical struggles. Therefore, the concept of sustainability was explained in detail through a wide literature review, and then the concept of social entrepreneurship was examined, and links, similarities, and gaps were revealed between the two concepts. As a result, the effective implementation of social sustainability policies depends on the social impact and value created by social entrepreneurship.
- PublicationMetadata onlyDoes Workplace Stress Affect Decision-Making Styles of Clinical Nurses? A Survey Study(2021-05-01T00:00:00Z) Denizsever, Selin; Ateş, Nimet; Seren, Arzu Kader Harmancı; ATEŞ, NİMETBackground: Clinical nurses must make accurate decisions to provide safe and qualified nursing care in hospitals where the working environment gets stressful each day. Aim: To determine the decision-making styles and workplace stress levels of clinical nurses and to investigate whether their stress levels affect the decision-making styles of them. Methodology: Descriptive and cross-sectional study. This study took place in a public university hospital in Istanbul in 2016. The sample consisted of 337 nurses. Data were collected by a questionnaire that consisted of a demographic data form, -Melbourne Decision Making Questionnaire I-II- and -Workplace Stress Scale.- Result: There was a positive correlation between the scores of the Melbourne Decision Making Questionnaire II and the Workplace Stress Scale. There were differences between the participants’ Melbourne Decision Making Questionnaire I-II scores according to their Workplace Stress Scale scores. Conclusion: Nurses’ workplace stress levels and their decision-making styles were significantly related to each other. Nurses who were exposed to high level of workplace stress had a low level of self-esteem (selfconfidence) and tended to make decisions in hyper-vigilance style. Keywords: clinical nursing, decision making, workplace stress
- PublicationOpen AccessEvaluating compliance to stimulants in adults with attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder(2021-12-03T00:00:00Z) Kılıç, Özge; Boylu, Muhammed Emin; KILIÇ, ÖZGE; BOYLU, MUHAMMED EMİNObjective: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) has several negative psychosocial outcomes including poor work performance, academic failure, problems in social relationships, and criminality. However, it is among the most treatable mental disorders given the safety and efficacy of stimulants. We aimed to explore compliance levels to methylphenidate and associated sociodemographic factors in adults with ADHD.Methods: Patients with ADHD who have been following up in a single-center outpatient psychiatry clinic of a university hospital were included in the study. Diagnoses were established according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fifth Edition (DSM-5) during a face-to-face clinical interview. Sociodemographic data form and Morisky medication adherence scale were utilized.Results: Among 64 patients (36 males, 28 females) (mean age ± SD = 25.2 ± 6.8) with ADHD, 19 (29.7 %) and 29 (45.3%) patients showed high and medium adherence to methylphenidate respectively. However, 16 (25 %) had low adherence. Men and women did not significantly differ in compliance levels to stimulants (X2 (2) = 1.639, p = 0.441). Compliance was not found to be related to education, marital and economic status, living conditions, smoking. The number of patients who consume alcohol tends to be higher in the low adherent group although not reaching statistical significance.Discussion: One-fourth of adult patients with ADHD had low adherence to methylphenidate. Men and women did not differ in adherence levels. No significant difference has been observed in the mean ages between the three adherence groups. Our results were in line with some earlier studies on treatment adherence in ADHD but not with others that showed adherence was higher in females and younger patients. The reason for these discrepancies could be that the studies with contrary results have recruited both children and adolescents. Longitudinal multicenter studies are needed to draw conclusions on the factors affecting compliance in ADHD.Keywords: attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, drugs/medication, pharmacology, treatment compliance, treatment adherence, demographic
- PublicationMetadata onlyAssociation of Myeloperoxidase Gene Polymorphism With Iron Deficiency Anemia in Turkish Children(2021-10-01T00:00:00Z) USTABAŞ KAHRAMAN, Feyza; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL; BUHUR PİRİMOĞLU, MELTEM; TORUN, EMEL; Ergen, Hayriye Arzu; DOĞAN DEMİR, AYŞEGÜL; USTABAŞ KAHRAMAN, FEYZA; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL; TORUN, EMEL; DOĞAN DEMİR, AYŞEGÜLThis study was performed to investigate the gene polymorphisms of the myeloperoxidase (MPO) enzyme and to determine whether MPO gene polymorphisms influence the response to iron therapy in pediatric patients with iron deficiency anemia (IDA). In this case-control study, 50 Turkish children with IDA and 50 healthy controls were enrolled. Three MPO gene alleles were selected for genotyping in the study: GG, AG, and AA. The relationships of alleles with IDA were analyzed and compared in patients and controls. Pretreatment and posttreatment laboratory parameters and gene polymorphisms were compared in the patient group. There was a significant difference between patients with IDA and controls regarding genotype frequencies of the AA, GG, and AG alleles (P=0.005). However, the AG allele was found to be associated with variations in hemoglobin, red blood cell, hematocrit, mean corpuscular volumes, and mean corpuscular Hb concentrations levels. The frequency of AA, GG, and AG alleles of the MPO gene was potentially associated with changes in iron metabolism and the AG allele led to variations in various hemogram parameters.