Policies This Repository
Below is the institutional directive reshaped by the policy toolbox of the Open DOAR, The Directory of Open Access Repositories.
for types of document and data set held
- This is an institutional repository.
- Our Repository is restricted to:
- Research papers (pre- and postprints)
- Books, chapters and sections
- Doctoral theses, privat-docent theses, masters of advanced studies and masters
- Conference and workshop papers
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Papers are individually tagged with their publication status (availabality).
- Principal languages of documents : Turkish and English
for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
for full-text and other full data items
- Some unrestricted full items are available to anyone free of charge.
- Some restricted full items are available only to members of the Our Repository's community and may not be distributed to anyone.
- Some closed full items may be available only to their authors.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Temporary restriction of accessibility (embargo) may exists for some items.
concerning depositors, quality and copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of Our Repository, valid layout and format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not enter the repository before validation by an authorized person.
- Items will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If Our Repository receives proof of copyright violation, access to the relevant item will be restricted immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- Our Repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Authors/depositors are required not to protect their document by a password in order to help the long term preservation and access.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- Our Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original data stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items will not be removed from Our Repository.
- In some cases, items may be withdrawn. Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deletedper se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Metadata may be corrected where appropriate.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- In the event of Our Repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.