About This Repository
Our University Institutional Repository, a service of our University Libraries, collects, preserves, and distributes the intellectual output of our University. Faculty, staff, and students are invited to deposit their research and scholarship. Departments, administrative units, programs, and centers are invited to use the Institutional Repository to distribute their working papers, technical reports, conference proceedings, and other research materials.
Our University digital repository use DSpace, a widely-used open source repository software that can manage and preserve all types of digital content and facilitates indexing of that content by commercial search engines, such as Google.
Why use a Digital Repository?
A Digital Repository hosted by the our University:
- Promotes the principles of open access and campus wide by providing opportunities for faculty self-archiving.
- Ensures the long-term preservation and accessibility of digital assets.
- Provides access to unpublished research of faculty, research staff, and students.
- Preserves and disseminates a wide variety of content beyond traditional scholarly articles, including datasets, learning objects, electronic theses and dissertations, audio-visual content, and presentations.
- Helps researchers fulfill obligations to make publicly funded or non-profit-funded research available on an open access basis.
- Encourages access and sharing among disciplines and institutions.