Person: IŞIL, ÖZLEM
Now showing 1 - 10 of 12
- PublicationMetadata onlyPreventing Child Sexual Abuse: Body Safety Training for Young Children in Turkey(2018-01-01T00:00:00Z) Tunc, Gulseren Citak; Gorak, Gulay; ÖZYAZICIOĞLU, NURCAN; AK, BEDRİYE; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; Vural, Pinar; IŞIL, ÖZLEMThe Body Safety Training Program is an education program aimed at ensuring children are informed about their body and acquire self-protection skills. In this study, a total of 83 preschoolers were divided into experimental and control groups; based on a power analysis, 40 children comprised the experimental group, while 43 children comprised the control group. The Body Safety Training Programme was translated into Turkish and content validity was determined regarding the language and cultural appropriateness. The What If Situations Test (WIST) was administered to both groups before and after the training. Mann-Whitney U Test, Kruskal-Wallis Variance Analysis, and the Wilcoxon Signed Ranks Test were used to compare between the groups and the Spearman correlation analysis was used to determine the strength of the relationship between the dependent and independent variable. The differences between the pretest and posttest scores for the subscales (appropriate recognition, inappropriate recognition, say, do, tell, and reporting skills), and the personal safety questionnaire (PSQ) score means for the children in the experimental group were found to be statistically significant (p<.001). The posttest-pretest difference score means of the experimental group children for WIST saying, doing, telling and reporting, total skills, and PSQ were found to be statistically significant as compared to that of the control group (p<.05). The Body Safety Training programme is effective in increasing the child sexual abuse prevention and self-protection skills in Turkish young children.
- PublicationMetadata onlyHemşirelerdeki Tükenmişliğin Cerrahi Girişimler Sonrasında Gelişen Hastane Enfeksiyonları Üzerine Etkisi(2017-03-11T00:00:00Z) IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyDetermining the Appropriateness of the -What If- Situations Test (WIST) with Turkish Pre-Schoolers(2018-01-01T00:00:00Z) Tunc, Gulseren Citak; Gorak, Gulay; ÖZYAZICIOĞLU, NURCAN; AK, BEDRİYE; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; Vural, Pinar; IŞIL, ÖZLEMMeasurement instruments are needed to assess the child-s sexual abuse prevention program. The purpose of the study was to determine the reliability and validity of the WIST (What If Situations Test) for Turkish culture. Participants were children of the 3-6 age group attending pre-school education institutions and the sample size was identified by means of a power analysis. Seventy children were identified as the sample with 0.85 power and 0.05 type I error according to the power analysis. Language validity, content validity, internal validity coefficient (Cronbach alpha coefficient), and test-retest analyses were conducted in terms of validity and reliability in the scope of efforts for adaptation to Turkish culture. Firstly, Kendall W=0.83 was the score for the expert opinions concerning the content validity of the language validity scale. It was found that the Cronbach alpha coefficients were between 0.68 and 0.90 for the scale sub-dimensions of appropriate and inappropriate recognition, saying, doing, telling, and reporting. The test-retest reliability of the scale was found to be r=0.89 and the test-retest reliabilities for the sub-dimensions (appropriate recognition, inappropriate recognition, say skills, do skills, tell skills, and reporting skills) were between r=0.48 and r=0.92. The test-retest reliability for the Personal Safety Questionnaire (PSQ), as having complimentary items to the WIST, was found to be r=0.82. The reliability and validity analysis of the What If- Situations Test (WIST), used to evaluate pre-schoolers- skills regarding self-protection against sexual abuse, showed that the Test-s adaptation to Turkish culture was reliable and valid.
- PublicationMetadata onlyObezitede Önemli Bir Yol Ayrımı: Bariyatrik Cerrahinin Psikososyal Yönü(2017-03-11) IŞIL, ÖZLEM; Doğan, NAREG; IŞIL, ÖZLEM
- PublicationMetadata onlyCerrahi Hemşireliğinde Öğrencilerin İlaç Uygulama Hataları(2017-03-11T00:00:00Z) IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN; Sarı, Şehriban; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyA life in purgatory: The impact os placelessness on the psychology of defectors(2016-11-09T00:00:00Z) IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN
- PublicationMetadata onlySavaş ve Doğurganlık(2017-07-01T00:00:00Z) IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyPsychosocial Problems and Approaches in Asylum(2017-11-25T00:00:00Z) IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyHasta ve Yakınlarının Cerrahi Operasyon Öncesi Yaşadıkları Psikososyal Sorunlar ve Hemşirelik Yaklaşımı(2017-03-11T00:00:00Z) IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyEtik Açıdan Bir Bakış: Alzheimer(2016-11-09) IŞIL, ÖZLEM; Tosun, HALE; IŞIL, ÖZLEM; TOSUN, HALE