Person: GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU
Now showing 1 - 10 of 12
- PublicationMetadata onlyDetermination of Microbiological Quality of Ice Cream Sold in Istanbul and Their Evaluation in Terms of Public Health(2022-12-01) Güçlü D.; Güneş Bayır A.; Erdoğan Ö.; Özkan B.; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU; GÜNEŞ BAYIR, AYŞE; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyIMPACT OF TAKING NUTRITION PRINCIPLES COURSE ON LIFESTYLE BEHAVIORS OF STUDENTS FROM DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS OF THE FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES IN TURKEY(2020-08-28T00:00:00Z) Güneş Bayır, Ayşe; Güney, Merve; Güçlü, Duygu; Alban, Zeynep Hüdanur; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU
- PublicationMetadata onlyİstanbul’da Satılan Dondurmaların Mikrobiyolojik Kalite ve Antibiyotik Dirençlerinin Belirlenmesi ve Halk Sağlığı Açısından Değerlendirilmesi(2023-03-15) Güneş Bayır A.; Erdoğan Ö.; Güçlü D.; Özkan B.; GÜNEŞ BAYIR, AYŞE; ERDOĞAN, ÖZCAN; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGUIce cream is a kind of dessert consumed with various flavors. However, considering the nutrients of ice creams, it seems to be a good environment for the propagation of microorganisms. Therefore, it was aimed to determinate the microbiological quality of ice creams sold in the open according to Turkish Food Codex on Microbiological Criteria Regulation in this study. Microbiological quality of ice cream samples was evaluated in terms of public health risks and food unsafety which may occur during the production, storage and sales of ice creams. Seventy-five ice cream samples flavored with plain, fruit, and nuts were collected aseptically from 25 enterprises in Istanbul, Türkiye. The presence or absence and enumeration of Total Mesophilic Aerobic (TMA) bacteria, Enterobacteriaceae, Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella spp. were investigated using related media. The results were evaluated according to the Turkish Food Codex on Microbiological Criteria Regulation. S. aureus found in some ice cream samples was examined for antibiotic resistance against 7 different antibiotics. About a third of all ice cream samples (32%; n=8) from 25 enterprises were found as ‘safe’ in accordance with the Turkish Food Codex on Microbiological Criteria Regulation in terms of public health. The TMA bacteria was determined %88 (n=22) in plain ice creams, %64 (n=16) in fruit ice creams and %92 (n=23) in nuts ice creams. Enterobacteriaceae were found 40% (n=10) of plain ice creams, 12% (n=3) of fruits and 40% (n=10) of nuts. Multiple antibiotic resistance was determined for S. aureus in only one enterprises\"s nuts flavored ice cream. Salmonella spp. was not found in any of collected ice cream samples. Ice creams sold in the open was seen that the microbiological quality of less than half of the enterprises was not at the desired level. Possibly, the unhygienic conditions of production, transportation and sale are eroding the food safety of this delicious dessert. According to the findings of our study, the high prevalence of microbial contamination in ice cream sold in the open may poses a risk to public health. Keywords: Ice cream, microbiological quality, public health, food safety.
- PublicationMetadata onlyEffect of Pilates Exercises on the Body Composition of Fasting Females(2022-08-01T00:00:00Z) Batar, Nazlı; Kermen, Seda; Sevdin, Sezen; Ersin, Aybüke; Güçlü, Duygu; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU
- PublicationMetadata onlyBariatric surgery and vegan: A first case report(2021-08-01T00:00:00Z) Batar, Nazlı; Yıldız, Nida; Kermen, Seda; Güçlü, Duygu; Özçalkap, Rümeysa; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU
- PublicationMetadata onlyPROPOLİS İLE TARÇININ PROBİYOTİK YOĞURDUN MİKROBİYOLOJİK, KİMYASAL VE DUYUSAL ÖZELLİKLERİ ÜZERİNE ETKİLERİNİN İNCELENMESİ(2021-01-22T00:00:00Z) Güneş Bayır, Ayşe; Güçlü, Duygu; GÜNEŞ BAYIR, AYŞE; BİLGİN, MEHMET GÜLTEKİN; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU
- PublicationUnknownEffects of Brown Adipose Tissue on Human Metabolism and Weight Loss(2021-02-28T00:00:00Z) Güçlü, Duygu; Demirkıran, Tuğba; Yaman, Mustafa; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU
- PublicationUnknownAssessment of the Correlation Between Weight Status and the Frequency of Dietician Interviews in Sleeve Gastrectomy Patients(2020-07-01T00:00:00Z) Guclu, Duygu; Batar, Nazli; Kermen, Seda; SEVDİN, SEZEN; COŞKUN, Halil; COŞKUN, HALIL; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGUPurpose The aim of this study was to evaluate the relationship between the weight status of sleeve gastrectomy patients during the first two postoperative years and the frequency of dietician interviews. Materials and Methods This was a retrospective cross-sectional study, and the subjects were patients who had surgery at a special obesity clinic, Bariatriklab, in Istanbul, Turkey, between February 01, 2014, and February 01, 2018.The mean age +/- standard deviation of the participants was 38.8 +/- 11.9 years. The mean body mass index (BMI) +/- standard deviation was 44.2 +/- 6.1 kg/m(2)preoperatively. The preoperative (pre-op) and 12-, 18-, and 24-month postoperative (post-op) weights and the frequency of interviews with dieticians for 2 years after the operation were collected, and statistical analysis was performed using SPSS ver. 23.0. Results A total of 247 laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (LSG) patients, 161 women (65.2%) and 86 men (34.8%), were evaluated in this study. As the frequency of dietician interviews increased in the first year, the amount of excess weight loss (EWL) increased in the second year (p < 0.01). In addition, as the frequency of dietician interviews increased in the second year, the amount of EWL in the second year decreased (p < 0.01). The frequency of dietician counseling among participants who did not experience weight loss between 12 and 24 months was significantly higher than that among those who experienced weight loss (p < 0.05). Conclusion It should not be forgotten that bariatric surgery requires teamwork, and patients should be cared for with an interdisciplinary approach. Dieticians play an important role in changing nutritional habits and making them sustainable.
- PublicationUnknownImpact of Nutrition Course on Lifestyle Behaviors of Students from Different Departments of the Faculty of Health Sciences in Turkey(2021-02-01T00:00:00Z) Güneş Bayır, Ayşe; Güçlü, Duygu; Güney, Merve; Alban, Zeynep Hüdanur; GÜNEŞ BAYIR, AYŞE; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU
- PublicationMetadata onlyEffect of Pilates on Body Composition and Some Biochemical Parameters of Women with Type 2 Diabetes on a Low-Carbohydrate or High-Complex-Carbohydrate Diabetic Diet(2020-06-01T00:00:00Z) Batar, Nazli; Kermen, Seda; Sevdin, Sezen; Ersin, Aybuke; San, Sevil; Erdem, Mustafa Genco; Demir, Halime Pulat; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGU; GÜÇLÜ, DUYGUBackground: The prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) has increased dramatically in the past 30 years. The World Health Organization has prepared an action plan to stop the increase in diabetes and obesity by 2025.