Person: ATASOY, SEZEN
Now showing 1 - 10 of 14
- PublicationOpen AccessInvestigating differential miRNA expression profiling using serum and urine specimens for detecting potential biomarker for early prostate cancer diagnosis(2021-02-08T00:00:00Z) Hasanoğlu, Sevde; Göncü, Beyza Servet; Yücesan, Emrah; Atasoy, Sezen; Kayali, Yunus; Özten Kandaş, Nur; GÖNCÜ, BEYZA SERVET; YÜCESAN, EMRAH; ATASOY, SEZENBackground/aim: MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are known up-to-date candidate biomarkers for several diseases. In addition, obtaining miRNA from different body fluids such as serum, plasma, saliva, and urine is relatively easy to handle. Herein we aimed to detect miRNAs as biomarkers for early stage prostate cancer (PC). For this purpose, we used urine and serum samples to detect any significant differences in miRNA profiles between patients and healthy controls. Materials and methods: Total ribonucleic acid (RNA) in urine and serum samples were isolated from eight untreated PC patients, thirty healthy individuals were screened for miRNA profile, and candidate miRNAs were validated. Whole urinary and serum miRNA profile was analyzed using Affymetrix GeneChip miRNA 4.0 Arrays. Candidate miRNAs were investigated by stem-loop reverse transcription- polymerase chain reaction. Results: When we analyzed the urinary samples of PC patients, 49 miRNAs were detected to be upregulated and 14 miRNAs were found to be downregulated when compared with healthy controls. According to the serum samples, 19 miRNAs were found to be upregulated, and 21 miRNAs were found to be downregulated when compared with healthy individuals as well. Interestingly, we detected only four overlapping miRNAs (MIR320A, MIR4535, MIR4706, MIR6750) that commonly increase or decrease in both serum and urine samples. Among them, MIR320A was found to be downregulated, and MIR4535, MIR4706, and MIR6750 were found to be upregulated for urine samples. However, only MIR6750 was upregulated and the other three miRNAs were downregulated for serum samples. Conclusion: Notably, the expression profile of MIR320A was significantly altered in urine specimens of prostate cancer patients. We considered that MIR320A has been evaluated as a valuable biomarker that can be used in the early diagnosis of PC.
- PublicationMetadata onlyAlbümin-gluteraldehit doku yapıştırıcısının insan dişeti fibroblast hücreleri üzerindeki etkilerinin incelenmesi(2020-09-01T00:00:00Z) DOGANAY, ÖZGE; ALKAN, ALPER; DİKER, NURETTİN; ATASOY, SEZEN; DOĞANAY, ÖZGE; ATASOY, SEZEN; DİKER, NURETTİN; ALKAN, ALPER
- PublicationMetadata onlyEvaluation of cytotoxic and antioxidant potential of Dittrichia viscosa (L.) Greuter used in traditional medicine(2021-08-01T00:00:00Z) SEVGİ, ECE; DAĞ, AYDAN; Kizilarslan-Hancer, Cagla; ATASOY, SEZEN; ZENGİN KURT, BELMA; Aksakal, Oznur; SEVGİ, ECE; DAĞ, AYDAN; KIZILARSLAN HANÇER, ÇAĞLA; ATASOY, SEZEN; ZENGİN KURT, BELMAEthnopharmacological relevance: Dittrichia viscosa (L.) Greuter (& ldquo;Sari ot, Yapis & cedil;kan andiz otu & rdquo; in Turkish) is a medicinal plant that has been traditionally used in the Mediterranean area. This plant is used by the local population for the treatment of cancer. Investigation of their biological activities is therefore very important to be supported by scientific basis for traditional use.
- PublicationOpen AccessCan the arterial clamp method be used safely where a tourniquet cannot be used?(2021-07-07T00:00:00Z) Erdogan, Ozgur; Gürkan, Volkan; Sönmez, Cavide; Erden, Tunay; Atasoy, SEZEN; Yildiz, Fatih; İnan, Bekir; Adilli, Adile; ATASOY, SEZEN
- PublicationMetadata onlySinir ve Damar Kökenli Yumuşak Doku Sarkomları(2018-01-01) GÜRKAN, VOLKAN; SÖNMEZ, FATMA CAVİDE; ATASOY, SEZEN; GÜRKAN, VOLKAN; SÖNMEZ, FATMA CAVİDE; ATASOY, SEZENKötü huylu sinir kılıfı tümörleri; Kötü huylu periferik sinir kılıfı tümörü (MPSKT), Kötü huylu granüler hücreli tümör ve Ektomezenkimoma olarak sınıflandırılmaktadır. MPSKT dışındaki tümörler oldukça ender görülmektedir. MPSKT, tüm yumuşak doku sarkomları içerisinde %5 gibi küçük bir orana sahiptir. Tipik olarak 20-50 yaşları arasında görülür ve kadınlar erkeklere oranla daha fazla etkilenmektedir. Alt ekstremiteler lezyonların en sık rastlandığı yerlerdir. Çoğu MPSKT siyatik sinir gibi büyük periferal sinirleri tutar. Hastalarda gittikçe büyüyen kitle varlığıyla beraber nöropatik semptomlar da gözlenebilir. Görüntülemede manyetik rezonans (MR) öncelikli tercihtir. Kötü huylu damar tümörleri ise damar endotelinden kaynaklanan lezyonlardır. Tüm yaşlarda görülmesine rağmen yedinci dekatta daha sık rastlanırlar. Çoğu olguda etyoloji belirsizdir ancak bazı vakaların radyasyonla ilişkili olduğu bilinmektedir. Sıklıkla alt ekstremitelere lokalizedir. Dünya Sağlık Örgütü (WHO) kötü huylu damar tümörlerini farklı alt tiplere ayırmış olmakla beraber ön sırada "anjiyosarkom" gelmektedir. Bu tümörler oldukça agresif olup, yüksek mortalite oranına sahiptir.
- PublicationMetadata onlyCytogenetic Studies of Chromosome Abnormalities in Thyroid Cancer Patients Before and After Iodine-131 Treatment(2019-05-01) Öden, Seda; ATASOY, SEZEN; DEVİREN, AYHAN; Demir, Mustafa; ATASOY, SEZEN
- PublicationMetadata onlyAnalysis of Chromosome 3, 7 and 8 Centromeric Regions in Bronchial Lavage Specimens by FISH(2016-10-01T00:00:00Z) Atasoy, Sezen; Erturan, Salih Serdar; Yilmaz, Nail; Kuru, Dilhan; Cirakoglu, Ayse; Yilmaz, Sukriye; Deviren, Ayhan; ATASOY, SEZENOBJECTIVES: Multiple genetic changes are observed in malignant tumors but are rare or absent in benign conditions. Aneuploidy is the most common feature of solid tumors including lung cancer and diagnosis of malignant tumors is possible through detection of aneuploidy. The aim of this study was to investigate chromosomal abnormalities in cells from non-small cell lung cancer patients obtained bronchoscopically and to evaluate the suitability of fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH).
- PublicationUnknownGlyconanoparticles for Targeted Tumor Therapy of Platinum Anticancer Drug.(2019-07-31) Dag, AYDAN; Omurtag, Ozgen; Atasoy, SEZEN; DAĞ, AYDAN; ATASOY, SEZEN
- PublicationUnknownInvestigation of the Proinflammatory Cytokines’ Effects in Peripheral Blood and Cartilage Tissue Samples of Knee Osteoarthritis Patients(2020-05-01T00:00:00Z) ATASOY, SEZEN; ATASOY, SEZEN
- PublicationUnknownGlycopolymer decorated multiwalled carbon nanotubes for dual targeted breast cancer therapy.(2020-03-25T00:00:00Z) Omurtag Ozgen, Pinar Sinem; Zengin Kurt, Belma; Atasoy, SEZEN; Durmus, Zehra; Yigit, Gülşah; Dağ, Aydan; ATASOY, SEZEN; ZENGİN KURT, BELMA; DAĞ, AYDANCarbon-based nanomaterials (CNMs) have attracted great attention in biomedical applications such as cancer imaging and therapy. CNMs, which are currently used in a wide range of applications, suffer from drawbacks of toxicity and low biocompatibility. Either noncovalent or covalent functionalization of CNMs with hydrophilic and biocompatible polymers which help to block hydrophobic interactivity between CNMs and cells can greatly increase their biocompatibility by eliminating their probable toxicity towards living organisms. In this report, we present a comparison of both noncovalent and covalent functionalization approaches in order to introduce a biocompatible glycoblock copolymer onto multi-walled carbon nanotubes (CNTs) in order to enhance their potential in therapies. An anticancer drug (doxorubicin, Dox) was conjugated with two different end functionalized poly(1-O-methacryloyl-beta-d-fructopyranose-b-(2-methacryloxyethoxy))benzaldehyde glycoblock copolymers, which were synthesized via reversible addition-fragmentation chain transfer (RAFT) polymerization, by either noncovalent or covalent tethering. CNTs were coated separately with the synthesized drug-conjugated glycoblock copolymers and folic acid (FA) to obtain an efficient drug delivery platform for dual-targeting of glucose transporter protein (GLUT5) and folic acid receptors (FR) in breast cancer. A library of synthesized monomers, polymers and prepared glycoblock copolymer coated CNTs (hybrid-CNTs) using both approaches were comprehensively characterized by various techniques. Transmission electron microscopy measurements showed the homogeneous, smooth morphology of the prepared Dox-conjugated glycoblock copolymer coating of CNTs and confocal laser scanning microscopy images displayed successful cellular internalization of hybrid-CNTs in the MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cell lines. This research demonstrates the potential of hybrid-CNTs as a biocompatible drug delivery system as well as in vitro use of Dox-conjugated vehicles for dual receptor mediated breast cancer therapy.