Person: ATASOY, SEZEN
Now showing 1 - 10 of 31
- PublicationOpen AccessInvestigating differential miRNA expression profiling using serum and urine specimens for detecting potential biomarker for early prostate cancer diagnosis(2021-02-08T00:00:00Z) Hasanoğlu, Sevde; Göncü, Beyza Servet; Yücesan, Emrah; Atasoy, Sezen; Kayali, Yunus; Özten Kandaş, Nur; GÖNCÜ, BEYZA SERVET; YÜCESAN, EMRAH; ATASOY, SEZENBackground/aim: MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are known up-to-date candidate biomarkers for several diseases. In addition, obtaining miRNA from different body fluids such as serum, plasma, saliva, and urine is relatively easy to handle. Herein we aimed to detect miRNAs as biomarkers for early stage prostate cancer (PC). For this purpose, we used urine and serum samples to detect any significant differences in miRNA profiles between patients and healthy controls. Materials and methods: Total ribonucleic acid (RNA) in urine and serum samples were isolated from eight untreated PC patients, thirty healthy individuals were screened for miRNA profile, and candidate miRNAs were validated. Whole urinary and serum miRNA profile was analyzed using Affymetrix GeneChip miRNA 4.0 Arrays. Candidate miRNAs were investigated by stem-loop reverse transcription- polymerase chain reaction. Results: When we analyzed the urinary samples of PC patients, 49 miRNAs were detected to be upregulated and 14 miRNAs were found to be downregulated when compared with healthy controls. According to the serum samples, 19 miRNAs were found to be upregulated, and 21 miRNAs were found to be downregulated when compared with healthy individuals as well. Interestingly, we detected only four overlapping miRNAs (MIR320A, MIR4535, MIR4706, MIR6750) that commonly increase or decrease in both serum and urine samples. Among them, MIR320A was found to be downregulated, and MIR4535, MIR4706, and MIR6750 were found to be upregulated for urine samples. However, only MIR6750 was upregulated and the other three miRNAs were downregulated for serum samples. Conclusion: Notably, the expression profile of MIR320A was significantly altered in urine specimens of prostate cancer patients. We considered that MIR320A has been evaluated as a valuable biomarker that can be used in the early diagnosis of PC.
- PublicationMetadata onlySythesis of Glycopeptide Nanoparticles and Investigation of Their Efficacy in Cancer Therapy(2017-10-02) Dağ, Aydan; DAĞ, AYDAN; ATASOY, SEZEN
- PublicationMetadata onlyAlbümin-gluteraldehit doku yapıştırıcısının insan dişeti fibroblast hücreleri üzerindeki etkilerinin incelenmesi(2020-09-01T00:00:00Z) DOGANAY, ÖZGE; ALKAN, ALPER; DİKER, NURETTİN; ATASOY, SEZEN; DOĞANAY, ÖZGE; ATASOY, SEZEN; DİKER, NURETTİN; ALKAN, ALPER
- PublicationMetadata onlySynthesis of New Oleanane Triterpenoids Including Fatty Acids Esters and Investigation of Their in vitro Cytotoxic Effects on 3T3 Fibroblast and PC3 Prostate Cancer Cell Lines(2019-12-19) Dağ, Aydan; Topçu, Gülaçtı; Atasoy, Sezen; Aktaş, Asude Sena; Şenol, Halil; ŞENOL, HALIL; DAĞ, AYDAN; ATASOY, SEZEN; TOPÇU, GÜLAÇTI
- PublicationMetadata onlyPhtalocyanine Conjugated Glyconanoparticles for Combination Therapies(2019-12-10) Yiğit, Gülşah; Gürek, Ayşe Gül; Çakılkaya, Eda; Atasoy, Sezen; Dağ, Aydan; DAĞ, AYDAN; ATASOY, SEZEN
- PublicationMetadata onlyDesign, Synthesis and Anticancer Activity of Novel Hydrazide-Hydrazone Compounds Containing 1,2,4- Triazole Ring(2021-12-18T00:00:00Z) Coşar, Ebru Didem; Başoğlu-Ünal, Faika; Atasoy, Sezen; Güzeldemirci, Nuray; COŞAR, EBRU DİDEM; ATASOY, SEZEN
- PublicationMetadata onlyEvaluation of cytotoxic and antioxidant potential of Dittrichia viscosa (L.) Greuter used in traditional medicine(2021-08-01T00:00:00Z) SEVGİ, ECE; DAĞ, AYDAN; Kizilarslan-Hancer, Cagla; ATASOY, SEZEN; ZENGİN KURT, BELMA; Aksakal, Oznur; SEVGİ, ECE; DAĞ, AYDAN; KIZILARSLAN HANÇER, ÇAĞLA; ATASOY, SEZEN; ZENGİN KURT, BELMAEthnopharmacological relevance: Dittrichia viscosa (L.) Greuter (& ldquo;Sari ot, Yapis & cedil;kan andiz otu & rdquo; in Turkish) is a medicinal plant that has been traditionally used in the Mediterranean area. This plant is used by the local population for the treatment of cancer. Investigation of their biological activities is therefore very important to be supported by scientific basis for traditional use.
- PublicationOpen AccessCan the arterial clamp method be used safely where a tourniquet cannot be used?(2021-07-07T00:00:00Z) Erdogan, Ozgur; Gürkan, Volkan; Sönmez, Cavide; Erden, Tunay; Atasoy, SEZEN; Yildiz, Fatih; İnan, Bekir; Adilli, Adile; ATASOY, SEZEN
- PublicationMetadata onlyMeme Kanseri Terapisinde Doksorubisin Konjuge Glikopolimer ile Kaplanmış Karbon Nanotüpler (CNT)(2019-12-10T00:00:00Z) Omurtag Özgen, Pınar Sinem; Atasoy, Sezen; Zengin Kurt, Belma; Durmuş, Zehra; Yiğit, Gülşah; Dağ, Aydan; ATASOY, SEZEN; ZENGİN KURT, BELMA; DAĞ, AYDAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe cytotoxicity of Biodentine modified with nanosized bioactive glass particles(2019-04-27T00:00:00Z) YUCA, TUĞÇE; ZENGİN KURT, BELMA; ATASOY, SEZEN; DAĞ, AYDAN; GÜNEŞER, MEHMET BURAK; ZENGİN KURT, BELMA; ATASOY, SEZEN; DAĞ, AYDAN; GÜNEŞER, MEHMET BURAK