Person: ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
Now showing 1 - 10 of 27
- PublicationMetadata onlyPediatric diffuse intrinsic gliomas in a single center.(2015-05-01T00:00:00Z) Kebudi, Rejin; Cakir, Fatma Betul; Bay, Sema Buyukkapu; GÖRGÜN, Ömer Nafi Halil; Agaoglu, Fulya Yaman; Darendeliler, M. Emin; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyGlobal Perspectives in Cancer Care. Religion, Spirituality, and Cultural Diversity in Health and Healing(2022-01-01T00:00:00Z) Kebudi, Rejin; Çakır, Fatma Betül; Büyükkapu Bay, Sema; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜLAlthough survival rates for pediatric cancer have improved significantly over the past few decades, the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric cancer is still challenging. Childhood cancer has been described as a -family disease-, affecting the entire family and all those in the child’s close environment, including their friends in school. The care of a child with cancer must be family-centered, and consideration of the family’s cultural background is of the utmost importance. Families of children with cancer struggle with an acute life-altering disease as well as with possible long-term chronic complications. The cultural background of the family influences the treatment and follow-up for pediatric cancer patients. Influential cultural factors include: socioeconomic status, education, traditions, religion, and other moral values.
- PublicationMetadata onlyDIFFUSE INTRINSIC PONTINE GLIOMAS IN CHILDREN: RESULTS FROM A SINGLE CENTER(2012-12-01T00:00:00Z) Kebudi, Rejin; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL; Agaoglu, Fulya Yaman; GÖRGÜN, Ömer Nafi Halil; Dizdar, Yavuz; Ayan, Inci; Darendeliler, Emin; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyTHE TURKISH PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUP NEUROBLASTOMA 2003 (TPOG-NBL-2003):TREATMENT RESULTS OF THE INFANTS(2010-11-01T00:00:00Z) Gunes, Dilek; Aksoylar, Serap; Buyukpamukcu, Munevver; Varan, Ali; Hazar, Volkan; Vergin, Canan; Sevinir, Betul; Erbay, Ayse; Karasu, Gulsun; Tanyeli, Atilla; Akinci, Feryal; Oguz, Aynur; Anak, Sema; Dagdemir, Ayhan; Canpolat, Cengiz; Yildiz, Inci; Sarialioglu, Faik; Vural, Sema; Cuter, Elif; Oniz, Haldun; Yaris, Nilgun; Kebudi, Rejin; Corapcioglu, Funda; Buyukavci, Mustafa; Koksal, Yavuz; Unal, Emel; Tokucs, Gulnur; Altungoz, Oguz; Ozer, Erdener; Koseoglu, Vedat; Emir, Suna; Ilhan, Inci; Yuksel-Soycan, Lebriz; Cakir, Betul; Cetingul, Nazan; Olgun, Nur; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyNasopharengeal carcinoma in children and adolescents 1989-2014: demographic, clinical, therapeuticalcharacteristics and long term outcome(2014-10-23T00:00:00Z) Kebudi, Rejin; Çakır, Fatma Betül; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyDiffuse pontine gliomas in children: Do changing strategies change results?(2012-05-20T00:00:00Z) Kebudi, Rejin; Cakir, Betul; Agaoglu, Fulya Yaman; Darendeliler, Emin; Gorgun, Omer; Dagoglu, Nergis; Ayan, Inci; Dizdar, Yavuz; Zulfikar, Bulent; Koc, Basak; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyExperience on deep sedation anesthesia given to children with malignancy for invasive procedures at the pediatric ward(2014-05-20T00:00:00Z) Betul, FATMA BETÜL; Kebudi, Rejin; Zulfikar, O. Bulent; Umutoglu, Tarik; Topuz, Ufuk; Ozturk, Erdogan; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyManagement of diffuse pontine gliomas in children: recent developments(2013-10-01) ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL; Kebudi, Rejin; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜLThe prognosis for children with diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas (DIPGs) is dismal. Although DIPGs constitute only 10-15 % of all pediatric brain tumors, they are the main cause of death in this group with a median survival of less than 12 months. Standard therapy involves radiotherapy, which produces transient neurologic improvement. Despite several clinical trials having been conducted, including trials on targeted agents to assess their efficacy, there is no clear improvement in prognosis. However, knowledge of DIPG biology is increasing, mainly as a result of research using biopsy and autopsy samples. In this review, we discuss recent studies in which systemic therapy was administered prior to, concomitantly with, or after radiotherapy. The discussion also includes novel therapeutic options in DIPG. Continuing multimodal and multitargeted therapies might lead to an improvement in the dismal prognosis of the disease.
- PublicationMetadata onlyDIFFUSE INTRINSIC PONTINE GLIOMAS (DIPG) IN CHILDREN: RESULTS FROM A SINGLE CENTER(2012-06-01T00:00:00Z) Kebudi, Rejin; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL; Agaoglu, Fulya Y.; GÖRGÜN, Ömer Nafi Halil; Dizdar, Yavuz; Ayan, Inci; Darendeliler, Emin; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyCentral Nervous System Fungal Infections in Children With Leukemia and Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: A Retrospective Multicenter Study.(2022-08-25T00:00:00Z) Karaman, Serap; Kebudi, Rejin; Kizilocak, Hande; Karakas, Zeynep; Demirag, Bengu; Evim, Melike S; Yarali, Nese; Kaya, Zuhre; Karagun, Barbaros S; Aydogdu, Selime; Caliskan, Umran; Ayhan, Aylin C; Bahadir, Aysenur; Cakir, Betul; Guner, Burcak T; Albayrak, Canan; Karapinar, Deniz Y; Kazanci, Elif G; Unal, Ekrem; Turkkan, Emine; Akici, Ferhan; Bor, Ozcan; Vural, Sema; Yilmaz, Sebnem; Apak, Hilmi; Baytan, Birol; Tahta, Neryal M; Güzelkucuk, Zeliha; Kocak, Ulker; Antmen, Bulent; Tokgöz, Huseyin; Fisgin, Tunc; Özdemir, Nihal; Gunes, Adalet M; Vergin, Canan; Unuvar, Aysegul; Ozbek, Namik; Tugcu, Deniz; Bay, Sema B; Tanyildiz, Hikmet G; Celkan, Tiraje; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL
- 1 (current)