Person: ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN
Now showing 1 - 10 of 17
- PublicationMetadata onlyEssential Tremor and Alexithymia(2018-10-01) ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; ŞENGÜL, HAKAN SERDAR; GÖKÇAL, ELİF; ÜSTÜN, İSMET; ÖZTÜRK, AHMET; YILMAZ, ONUR; YILDIZ, GÜLSEN; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; GÖKÇAL, ELİF; ÜSTÜN, İSMET; ÖZTÜRK, AHMET; YILMAZ, ONUR
- PublicationMetadata onlyGenç Multipl Skleroz ve Esansiyel Tremor Hastalarında Kognitif Bozulma: Bir Karşılaştırmalı Çalışma/Cognitive Impairment in Young Multiple Sclerosis and Essential Tremor Patients: a comparative study(2018-04-01) Şengül, Hakan Serdar; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; Yücel, Selma; Forta, Hulki; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyPSYCHOFORM AND SOMATOFORM DISSOCIATIVE EXPERIENCES IN MIGRAINE: RELATIONSHIP WITH PAIN PERCEPTION AND MIGRAINE RELATED DISABILITY(2018-11-01T00:00:00Z) ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; Sengul, Hakan Serdar; Tunc, Abdulkadir; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHANObjective - Migraine is a common and often debilitating disorder. Although the existence of a link between migraine and certain psychological features has long been known, data on dissociative experiences in migraine patients is insufficient. The aim of this study was to evaluate the presence of psychoform and somatoform dissociative experiences among migraine patients without aura and to examine their relationship with pain perception and disability.
- PublicationMetadata onlySleep disturbances and excessive daytime sleepiness in migraine: A comparison between comorbidities and disability(2015-01-01T00:00:00Z) Sengul, YILDIZHAN; SENGUL, Hakan S.; Bakim, Bahadir; YUCEKAYA, Sevda K.; YUCEL, Selma; AKGUN, Mucella; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHANMany studies have investigated the association between headache and sleep disorders, but few have focused on migraine. The goal of this study was to evaluate sleep disturbance and excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) in relation to migraine disability. 120 migraine patients who were diagnosed according to The International Classification of Headache Disorders-II and 45 healthy controls were recruited for the study. All participants completed the Pittsburg Sleep Quality Index (PSQI), the Epworth Sleepiness Scale, Beck Depression Inventory and Beck Anxiety Scale. Migraineurs completed Migraine Disability Assessment Scale (MIDAS) and Visual Analog Scale. The prevalence of poor sleep was 83.3% in the patients and 22.2% in the controls. All PSQI subgroup scores were higher for the patients than the controls except Hours asleep. EDS was more prominent in the patient group (19.2% vs 2.2%). In conclusion, sleep disturbance, EDS, anxiety, and depressive symptoms were detected more commonly in migraine patients and were correlated with the migraine-related disability. The results of multivariate regression analysis indicated that EDS and sleep disturbance were the most effective factors on disability.
- PublicationMetadata onlyA comparison between rate of nonmotor symptom development in essential tremor and Parkinson-s disease.(2015-09-01T00:00:00Z) BAKIM, BAHADIR; Sengul, YILDIZHAN; SENGUL, HS; Sural, MK; FORTA, H; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN
- PublicationOpen AccessInvestigation and Clinical Importance of Obsessive and Compulsive Signs Among Patients with Restless Legs Syndrome(2019-07-01T00:00:00Z) ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; YILMAZ, Onur; Sengul, Hakan Serdar; PARLAKKAYA, FATMA BÜŞRA; ÖZTÜRK, AHMET; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; YILMAZ, ONUR; PARLAKKAYA, FATMA BÜŞRA; ÖZTÜRK, AHMETObjective: The purpose of this study was to examine obsessive and compulsive signs among patients with Restless Legs syndrome (RLS), to compare the results with healthy controls and to investigate clinic importance of those signs.
- PublicationMetadata onlyIs it true that essential tremor affects sleep? A comparison between young essential tremor patients and normal controls(2015-10-01T00:00:00Z) Sengul, YILDIZHAN; SENGUL, Hakan; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHANEssential tremor (ET) is the most common movement disorder and cause of functional disability. ET is known as a monosymptomatic, pure motor system disease. This interpretation of ET has been questioned in the last decade. Non-motor symptoms have added to the definition of the disease. In autopsy studies, it has been reported that Lewy bodies are common in the locus coeruleus, which is known to have an active role in sleep. Previous research about sleep in ET has studied older patients. Sleep disturbances are common in older adults. Our study focused on younger patients who had the disease for a shorter period of time. 40 patients (24.9 +/- 7.0 years old) and 28 controls were recruited for the study. Sleep quality was evaluated with the Pittsburg Sleep Quality Index (PSQI). Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) was evaluated with the Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS). For assessing the possible impact of depression and anxiety on sleep we used the Beck Depression Inventory (BDI), and the Beck Anxiety Scale (BAS). We ruled out other possible causes of tremor. Tremor was evaluated using the Fahn Tolosa Marin Tremor Rating Scale (FTM-TRS). We concluded that although ET patients had bad sleep quality, this might be associated with increased anxiety levels. Mean ESS scores were higher in the patient group, but this was not statistically significant.
- PublicationOpen AccessEVALUATION OF NEUTROPHIL-TO-LYMPHOCYTE RATIO AND PLATELET-TO-LYMPHOCYTE RATIO IN ESSENTIAL TREMOR IS THERE SYSTEMIC INFLAMMATION IN ESSENTIAL TREMOR?(2019-01-01T00:00:00Z) TAK, ALİ ZEYNAL ABİDİN; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHANIntroduction - Although essential tremor (ET) is the most common cause of tremor, the pathology and underlying mechanisms have not fully understood yet. In addition to kinetic tremor, patients may present several types of tremor, gait ataxia, hearing deficits and eye movement abnormalities. Non-motor symptoms and signs have also added to definition of ET. There is significant evidence indicating the neurodegenerative nature of the disease. New studies indicate that inflammation may have a place in the etiology. The neutrophil-to lymphocyte ratio (NLR) and the platelet-to lymphocyte ratio (PLR) have recently begun to be used as a marker of systemic inflammation. Our study aims at finding a clue for systemic inflammation in ET.
- PublicationMetadata onlyInflammation with Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte Ratio and Platelet-to-lymphocyte Ratio in Restless Legs Syndrome(2019-01-01T00:00:00Z) TAK, ALİ ZEYNAL ABİDİN; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyCognitive Impairment in Young Multiple Sclerosis and Essential Tremor Patients: A Comparative Study(2016-09-01T00:00:00Z) Sengul, Hakan Serdar; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHAN; Yucel, Selma; Forta, Hulki; ŞENGÜL, YILDIZHANObjective: In multiple sclerosis (MS); memory, attention, information processing speed, and executive function deficits associated with cortical demyelination and atrophy can be seen in the early phases. In essential tremor (ET) cognitive impairment associated with cerebral-thalamocortical pathway dysfunction, which is characterized by visuospatial functions, verbal memory, and executive functions were seen. We aimed to evaluate cognitive impairment in patients with MS and ET, and to compare the features of impairment.