Person: AKÇAY, MUZAFFER
Now showing 1 - 6 of 6
- PublicationOpen AccessThe relationship of neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio with testicular cancer(2020-01-01) İlktaç, Abdullah; Akbulut, Habib; Akçay, Muzaffer; Ersöz, Cevper; Doğan, Bayram; İLKTAÇ, ABDULLAH; DOĞAN, BAYRAM; ERSÖZ, CEVPER; AKÇAY, MUZAFFER; AKBULUT, HABİBPurpose: To assess the relationship between testicular germ cell tumors (TGCT) and neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio (NLR) and to determine whether this ratio can be used as a serum tumor marker. Material and Methods: Sixty-one patients with testicular germ cell tumors were included into the study. Patients were grouped as localized and non-localized. Histologically patients were categorized as seminoma and nonseminomatous germ cell tumors. Complete blood cell count was measured the day before surgery and at the postoperative 1st month. Preoperative and postoperative mean NLR values were compared. Results: Thirty-six patients (59%) had seminomas and 25 patients (41%) had nonseminomatous testicular cancer. Forty-fi ve patients (73.8%) had localized and 16 patients (26.2%) had non-localized testicular cancer. There was a statistically signifi cant difference between preoperative and postoperative mean NLR of the localized patients (p=0.001) but no such difference was detected for non-localized patients (p=0.576). Nineteen patients with localized seminomas had normal preoperative serum tumor markers. There was a signifi cant difference between preoperative and postoperative mean NLR in this group of patients (p=0.010). Twenty-six patients with localized tumors had preoperative increased serum tumor markers which normalized after orchiectomy. Mean NLR of these patients signifi cantly decreased from 3.10±2.13 to 1.62±0.59 postoperatively (p=0.010). Conclusions: NLR appears to be a useful marker for TGCT. It is successful in predicting localized and non-localized disease in early postoperative period.
- PublicationMetadata onlyBenign prostat hiperplazisinin cerrahi tedavisi sonrası tanı konulan insidental prostat kanseri(2021-10-01T00:00:00Z) İlktaç, Abdullah; Ersöz, Cevper; Doğan, Bayram; Akçay, Muzaffer; Yıldız, Pelin; Çoban, Ganime; Akbulut, Habib; İLKTAÇ, ABDULLAH; ERSÖZ, CEVPER; DOĞAN, BAYRAM; AKÇAY, MUZAFFER; YILDIZ, PELİN; ÇOBAN, GANİME; AKBULUT, HABİB
- PublicationMetadata onlyEfficacy of varicocelectomy in primary infertile patients with isolated teratozoospermia. A retrospective analysis.(2020-10-28T00:00:00Z) Ilktac, ABDULLAH; Hamidli, S; Ersoz, CEVPER; Dogan, B; İLKTAÇ, ABDULLAH; ERSÖZ, CEVPER; AKÇAY, MUZAFFER
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe effect of post-treatment PSA change and multiparametric prostate MRI findings in the detection of prostate cancer in patients receiving antibiotics due to PSA elevation(2020-07-24T00:00:00Z) Kayalı, Yunus; Doğan, Bayram; İlktaç, Abdullah; Ersöz, Cevper; Akçay, Muzaffer; Gevher, Fatih; Akbulut, Habib; Balbay, Mevlana Derya; DOĞAN, BAYRAM; İLKTAÇ, ABDULLAH; ERSÖZ, CEVPER; AKÇAY, MUZAFFER; GEVHER, FATİH; AKBULUT, HABİB
- PublicationMetadata onlyCurrent Approach to the Prognostic Parameters of Testicular Germ Cell tumors Accompanied by Our Cases(2020-08-01T00:00:00Z) Çoban, Ganime; Yıldız, Pelin; Sezal, Zeynep; Adıllı, Adile; Beşiroğlu, Mehmet; Akçay, Muzaffer; Gücin, Zühal; ÇOBAN, GANİME; YILDIZ, PELİN; BEŞİROĞLU, MEHMET; AKÇAY, MUZAFFER; GÜCİN, ZÜHAL
- PublicationMetadata onlyPSA change after antibiotic treatment should not affect decision-making on performing a prostate biopsy(2023-02-01) Kayalı Y.; Balbay M. D.; İlktaç A.; Ersöz C.; Toprak H.; Tarım K.; Baygül A.; Akçay M.; Doğan B.; İLKTAÇ, ABDULLAH; ERSÖZ, CEVPER; TOPRAK, HÜSEYİN; AKÇAY, MUZAFFER; DOĞAN, BAYRAM