Person: DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN
Now showing 1 - 10 of 35
- PublicationMetadata onlyBiomechanical evaluation of malleable noncompression miniplates in mandibular angle fractures: an experimental study(2012-07-01) Esen, Alparslan; Dolanmaz, DOĞAN; Tuz, Hakan Hifzi; DOLANMAZ, DOĞANThe purpose of this experimental study was to test the reliability of a single malleable titanium miniplate using Champy-s method of fixing fractures of the mandibular angle. Eighteen sheep hemimandibles were used to evaluate 2 plating techniques. The groups were tested with either a single non-compression titanium miniplate or a single malleable titanium miniplate. A cantilever bending biomechanical test model was used for the samples. Each group was tested with vertical forces using a servohydraulic testing unit. The displacement values in each group at each 10 N stage up to 90 N were compared using 2-way analysis of variance (ANOVA). The displacement values for the 2 groups differed significantly (p < 0.01). The variance analyses showed that the biomechanical behaviour of a single non-compression miniplate was better than that of a single malleable miniplate. The non-compression miniplate fixed by screws had greater resistance to occlusal loads than the malleable plate fixed by screws, and the malleable plate alone was not sufficient to withstand the early postoperative bite force. (C) 2011 The British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- PublicationMetadata onlyEffect of 2 flap designs on postoperative pain and swelling after impacted third molar surgery(2013-10-01) Dolanmaz, DOĞAN; Esen, Alparslan; Isik, Kubilay; Candirli, Celal; DOLANMAZ, DOĞANObjective. The aim of this study was to evaluate 2 flap designs (envelope and modified triangular flap) for postoperative pain and swelling after mandibular impacted third molar surgery.
- PublicationMetadata onlyMultidisciplinary Treatment of Oligodontics and LateralOpenbite Case(2019-04-28) Haydarpaşa, Melis; BALABAN, ABDURRAHMAN; YÜCESOY, TÜRKER; DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN; ŞAHİNBAŞ, ABDURRAHMAN; DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN; YÜCESOY, TÜRKER; BALABAN, ABDURRAHMAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyEvaluation of stress distribution in critical anatomic regions following the Le Fort I osteotomy by three-dimensional finite element analysis.(2019-03-01T00:00:00Z) Esen, A; Dolanmaz, E; Dolanmaz, DOĞAN; DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyEruption of an impacted canine in an adenomatid odontogenic tumor treated with combined orthodontic and surgical therapy(2016-06-01) Erdur, Emire Aybuke; Ileri, Zehra; Ugurluoglu, Ceyhan; Cakir, Mustafa; Dolanmaz, DOĞAN; DOLANMAZ, DOĞANAn adenomatoid odontogenic tumor is an uncommon asymptomatic lesion that is often misdiagnosed as a dentigerous cyst. It originates from the odontogenic epithelium. Enucleation and curettage is the usual treatment of choice. Marsupialization may be attempted instead of extraction of the impacted tooth, since it provides an opportunity for tooth eruption. This case report is the first to report on the eruption of an impacted canine in an adenomatoid odontogenic tumor treated with combined orthodontics and marsupialization. The impacted canine erupted uneventfully, with no evidence of recurrence 3 years after the treatment.
- PublicationMetadata onlyExperimental evaluation of acute molding of the regenerate in mandibular distraction osteogenesis in a rabbit model(2010-11-01) Candirli, Celal; Dolanmaz, DOĞAN; Etoz, Osman A.; Avunduk, Mustafa Cihat; DOLANMAZ, DOĞANObjectives. The aim of this study was to investigate the possible effect of acute regenerate molding (ARM) on bone healing in mandibular distraction osteogenesis (DO).
- PublicationMetadata onlyAdenomatoid odontogenic tumor: An outdated report Response(2016-12-01) Erdur, Emire Aybuke; Dolanmaz, DOĞAN; Ileri, Zehra; DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyMonitoring bone morphogenetic protein-2 and-7, soluble receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappa B ligand and osteoprotegerin levels in the peri-implant sulcular fluid during the osseointegration of hydrophilic-modified sandblasted acid-etched and sandblasted acid-etched surface dental implants(2015-02-01) Dolanmaz, DOĞAN; Saglam, M.; Inan, O.; Dundar, N.; Alniacik, G.; Trak, B. Gursoy; Kocak, E.; Hakki, S. S.; DOLANMAZ, DOĞANBackground and ObjectiveThe implant surface plays a major role in the biological response to titanium dental implants. The aim of this study was to investigate levels of soluble receptor activator of nuclear factor-B ligand (sRANKL), osteoprotegerin (OPG), bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) and -7 (BMP-7) in the peri-implant crevicular fluid (PICF) of different implants during the osseointegration period.
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe use of autogeneous mandibular bone block grafts for reconstruction of alveolar defects(2015-01-01) DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN; ESEN, ALPARSLAN; YILDIRIM, GÜLSÜN; İNAN, ÖZGÜR; DOLANMAZ, DOĞAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyOrthodontic Treatment of an Ankylosed Maxillary Central Incisor through Osteogenic Distraction(2010-03-01) Dolanmaz, DOĞAN; Karaman, Ali Ihya; Pampu, A. Alper; Topkara, Ahu; DOLANMAZ, DOĞANTooth ankylosis is one of the various problems in dentistry and requires special treatment approaches for satisfactory results. In the orthodontic treatment of an ankylosed tooth, different treatment modalities have been put into practice including both orthodontic and orthodontic-surgical approaches. For favorable results, gingival margin esthetics must be considered as much as leveling the ankylosed tooth in the arch. Distraction osteogenesis accompanied by orthodontic mechanics is a sensible way of achieving this goal. However, devices used in the distraction protocol are high in price and bulky in shape, causing functional and esthetic problems for the patient. This report describes treatment of an infrapositioned ankylosed incisor with continuous distraction forces produced by conventional orthodontic mechanics. In conclusion, the ankylosed tooth was leveled in the upper arch successfully with a harmonic gingival margin. (Angle Orthod 2010; 80:391-395.)