Person: HAKYEMEZ, İSMAİL NECATİ
Now showing 1 - 6 of 6
- PublicationMetadata onlyFungal sinusitis in immunocompromised hosts(2011-07-04T00:00:00Z) Apuhan, Tayfun; Kucukbayrak, Abdulkadir; Hakyemez, İSMAİL NECATİ; HAKYEMEZ, İSMAİL NECATİThe term -immunocompromised host- is generally applied to a variety of patients with various immune defects. Invasive rhinosinusitis is defined by the presence of local inflammation, with vascular and osseous necrosis with extensive soft tissue extension, and occurs almost exclusively in immunocompromised patients. Fungi have been increasingly recognized as important pathogens in severe acute and chronic sinusitis in immunosuppressed hosts. Earlier recognition of the disease, medical attention specific to the patient-s needs are required. After medical remission, significant complications of invasive fungal infection may be seen. Patients should be followed in the long-term, until remucosalization of the sinuses.
- PublicationMetadata onlyEvaluation of patients with Tularemia in Bolu province in northwestern Anatolia, Turkey(2014-03-01T00:00:00Z) Mengeloglu, Zafer; Duran, Arif; Hakyemez, Ismail Necati; Ocak, Tarik; Kucukbayrak, Abdulkadir; KARADAG, Mustafa; Tas, Tekin; Akdeniz, Hayrettin; HAKYEMEZ, İSMAİL NECATİIntroduction: Tularemia is a zoonotic disease caused by Francisella tularensis. Here we present an epidemic occurring in Bolu province, located in northwestern Anatolia in Turkey, and some features of the cases.
- PublicationMetadata onlyDetermining immunoassay cutoff value using Western blot results to predict hepatitis C infection in blood donors with low-titer anti-HCV reactivity(2013-07-01T00:00:00Z) Kucukbayrak, Abdulkadir; CAKMAK, Saadet; Hakyemez, Ismail Necati; Tas, Tekin; Akdeniz, Hayrettin; HAKYEMEZ, İSMAİL NECATİSince the 1990s, blood donors have been scanned for anti-hepatitis C virus (anti-HCV) antibodies, which can be defined by enzyme immunoassay as a screening test. In this population, false-reactive ratios have been high. Recently, some authors have aimed to find a cutoff value for anti-HCV different from those established by test manufacturers to predict HCV infection. In this study, 321 patients, after two repeating tests, had reactive results in s/co 2.61 s/co, with 74.1 % sensitivity and 71.6 % specificity (area under the curve, 0.820; 95 % confidence interval, 0.753 to 0.887). We suggest that an effective cutoff value for anti-HCV other than that established by the manufacturer cannot be assigned to predict hepatitis C infection for blood donors in low-prevalence areas.
- PublicationMetadata onlyLinezolid Versus Vancomycin for the Treatment of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Keratitis in Rabbits(2013-07-01T00:00:00Z) Tas, Tekin; Kucukbayrak, Abdulkadir; Hakyemez, Ismail N.; Mengeloglu, Firat Z.; SIMAVLI, Huseyin; Ozyalvacli, Gulzade; Erdurmus, Mesut; HAKYEMEZ, İSMAİL NECATİPurpose: To compare the efficacy of topical linezolid (LZD) 1 mg/mL or 2 mg/mL to vancomycin (VA) 50 mg/mL for the treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) keratitis in rabbits.
- PublicationMetadata onlyHigh antimicrobial resistance and isolated pathogens in outpatient elderly population with urinary tract symptom(2012-01-01T00:00:00Z) Kucukbayrak, Abdulkadir; Hakyemez, Ismail Necati; Tas, Tekin; Alcelik, Aytekin; Kemahli, Eray; Duran, Arif; Aydemir, Bilge; Kocoglu, Esra; HAKYEMEZ, İSMAİL NECATİBackground: In this study, antibiotic sensitivities and uropathogens isolated from elderly outpatients to have least one urinary tract symptom were evaluated.
- PublicationMetadata onlyNosocomial Acinetobacter baumannii infections and changing Antibiotic Resistance(2013-09-01T00:00:00Z) Hakyemez, Ismail Necati; Kucukbayrak, Abdulkadir; Tas, Tekin; Yikilgan, Aslihan Burcu; Akkaya, Akcan; Yasayacak, Aliye; Akdeniz, Hayrettin; HAKYEMEZ, İSMAİL NECATİObjectives: In the intensive care setting, Acinetobacter baumannii causes ventilator-associated pneumonia and other nosocomial infections that are difficult to treat. Objective of this study was to investigate nosocomial A. baumannii infections and its changing antibiotic resistance.