Person: TUĞCU, BETÜL
Now showing 1 - 10 of 30
- PublicationMetadata onlyEvaluation of retinal alterations in Parkinson disease and tremor diseases.(2019-11-02T00:00:00Z) TUĞCU, BETÜL; Arif, Melikov; Babacan, Yildiz Gulsen; Gokcal, Elif; Ercan, Rukiye; UYSAL, ÖMER; Ozdemir, Hakan; TUĞCU, BETÜL; BABACAN YILDIZ, GÜLSEN; GÖKÇAL, ELİF; ERCAN, RUKIYE; UYSAL, ÖMER; ÖZDEMİR, MEHMET HAKANOptical coherence tomography (OCT) has been suggested as a method for detection of retinal alterations in neurodegenerative diseases. The usefulness of OCT as a diagnostic tool to differentiate Parkinson-s disease (PD) from other tremor diseases, remains unknown. We aimed to evaluate morphological changes of the retina in patients with PD, essential tremor (ET), essential tremor-Parkinson-s disease (ET-PD) using OCT. Forty-two eyes of 21 patients with PD, 24 eyes of 12 patients with ET, 24 eyes of 12 patients with ET-PD and 44 eyes of 22 age-matched healthy controls were included in the study. All participants underwent detailed neurological and ophthalmological examination. Measurements in all quadrants of macula and retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness using OCT were recorded. There was no significant difference among the groups regarding age, sex. The average RNFL thickness was thinner in PD patients than that of ET (p = 0.032). The RNFL thickness in superior quadrant was lower in PD group compared with the ET and control group (p = 0.001, p = 0.016). Significant differences were observed in most of the macular thickness parameters excluding foveolar and foveal thickness (p = 0.865, 0.394). Correlations were found among several OCT parameters and disease duration or severity in all patient groups (p > 0.05). Retinal alterations were found in PD patients compared to ET. However, no significant retinal changes were detected by OCT in patients with ET and ET-PD compared to controls. According to our data, retinal assessments by OCT do not seem to be satisfactory for differentiation of these disorders.
- PublicationMetadata onlyAnjioid çatlaklı bir Çocukta Bilateral Optik Disk Druseni ve Travmatik Koroid Rüptürü.(2016-03-01T00:00:00Z) Toklu, Enes; Özdemir, Mehmet Hakan; Tuğcu, Betül; Sezer, Taha; ÖZDEMİR, MEHMET HAKAN; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyChoroidal Tuberculoma in Two Cases With Multiple Intracranial Tuberculomas(2011-01-01T00:00:00Z) Sen, Aysu; Tugcu, BETÜL; Soysal, Aysun; Yuksel, Burcu; Kocabiyik, Nihal; Arpaci, Baki; TUĞCU, BETÜLWe report two cases of concurrent choroidal and multiple intracranial tuberculomas which is rare. A 45-year-old man presented to the hospital with a history of miliary tuberculosis, headache, and blurred vision on his left eye. The other case, a 25-year-old woman complained of coughing, back pain, night sweats, headache, nausea and vomiting. Their neurological examination were unremarkable except the presence of a choroidal lesion in one of their eyes, and brain MRIs revealed peripheral ring enhancing nodules. They were diagnosed as concurrent intracranial and choroidal tuberculomas and four-drug antituberculous regimen was started. After these treatments, the choroidal and brain tuberculomas revealed significant regression. Early diagnosis, adequate treatment and follow-up for the response to the treatment of choroidal tuberculoma can prevent serious complications. Detailed ocular examinations should be performed in all cases with tuberculosis, for possible presence of early asymptomatic choroidal tuberculoma.
- PublicationMetadata onlyCase study of sporadic mitochondrial disease with myotonic discharges and optic atrophy.(2013-02-01T00:00:00Z) SOYSAL, A; YUKSEL, B; CZERMIN, B; AYDEMIR, S; Tuğcu, BETÜL; AYSAL, F; ARPACI, B; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyAssessment of structural and functıonal vısual outcomes ın relapsıng remıttıng multıple sclerosıs wıth vısual evoked potentıals and optıcal coherence tomography.(2013-12-15T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; SOYSAL, A; KILIC, M; YUKSEL, B; KALE, N; YIGIT, U; ARPACI, B; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe morpho-functional evaluation of retina in amblyopia.(2013-07-01T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; ARAZ-ERSAN, B; KILIC, M; ERDOGAN, EZGİ BAŞAK; YIGIT, U; KARAMURSEL, S; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyAmniotic membrane in the management of strabismus reoperations.(2013-03-01T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; HELVACIOGLU, F; YUZBASIOGLU, E; GUREZ, C; YIGIT, U; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyTransient cortical blindness after spinal surgery as initial presenting sign of hereditary thrombophilia.(2013-03-01T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; ARAZ-ERSAN, B; EREN, G; SELÇUK, H; YIGIT, U; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationOpen AccessAngioid streaks in a case of Camurati-Engelmann disease.(2017-07-01) ÖZDEMIR, HÜSEYİN; Tugcu, BETÜL; SEZER, TAHA; ELBAY, AHMET; TUĞCU, BETÜL; SEZER, TAHA; ELBAY, AHMET; ÖZDEMİR, MEHMET HAKAN
- PublicationMetadata onlyDevelopment of Strabismus in Children Initially Diagnosed with Pseudostrabismus.(2016-06-01) SEFI-YURDAKUL, N; Tuğcu, BETÜL; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- 1 (current)