Person: TUĞCU, BETÜL
Now showing 1 - 10 of 13
- PublicationMetadata onlyChoroidal Tuberculoma in Two Cases With Multiple Intracranial Tuberculomas(2011-01-01T00:00:00Z) Sen, Aysu; Tugcu, BETÜL; Soysal, Aysun; Yuksel, Burcu; Kocabiyik, Nihal; Arpaci, Baki; TUĞCU, BETÜLWe report two cases of concurrent choroidal and multiple intracranial tuberculomas which is rare. A 45-year-old man presented to the hospital with a history of miliary tuberculosis, headache, and blurred vision on his left eye. The other case, a 25-year-old woman complained of coughing, back pain, night sweats, headache, nausea and vomiting. Their neurological examination were unremarkable except the presence of a choroidal lesion in one of their eyes, and brain MRIs revealed peripheral ring enhancing nodules. They were diagnosed as concurrent intracranial and choroidal tuberculomas and four-drug antituberculous regimen was started. After these treatments, the choroidal and brain tuberculomas revealed significant regression. Early diagnosis, adequate treatment and follow-up for the response to the treatment of choroidal tuberculoma can prevent serious complications. Detailed ocular examinations should be performed in all cases with tuberculosis, for possible presence of early asymptomatic choroidal tuberculoma.
- PublicationMetadata onlyAssessment of structural and functıonal vısual outcomes ın relapsıng remıttıng multıple sclerosıs wıth vısual evoked potentıals and optıcal coherence tomography.(2013-12-15T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; SOYSAL, A; KILIC, M; YUKSEL, B; KALE, N; YIGIT, U; ARPACI, B; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe morpho-functional evaluation of retina in amblyopia.(2013-07-01T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; ARAZ-ERSAN, B; KILIC, M; ERDOGAN, EZGİ BAŞAK; YIGIT, U; KARAMURSEL, S; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyAmniotic membrane in the management of strabismus reoperations.(2013-03-01T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; HELVACIOGLU, F; YUZBASIOGLU, E; GUREZ, C; YIGIT, U; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyTransient cortical blindness after spinal surgery as initial presenting sign of hereditary thrombophilia.(2013-03-01T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; ARAZ-ERSAN, B; EREN, G; SELÇUK, H; YIGIT, U; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationOpen AccessAngioid streaks in a case of Camurati-Engelmann disease.(2017-07-01) ÖZDEMIR, HÜSEYİN; Tugcu, BETÜL; SEZER, TAHA; ELBAY, AHMET; TUĞCU, BETÜL; SEZER, TAHA; ELBAY, AHMET; ÖZDEMİR, MEHMET HAKAN
- PublicationOpen AccessProtective effect of pomegranate juice on retinal oxidative stress in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats.(2017-11-18) Tugcu, BETÜL; NACAROGLU, SA; GEDIKBASI, A; UHRI, M; ACAR, N; ÖZDEMIR, HÜSEYİN; TUĞCU, BETÜL; ÖZDEMİR, MEHMET HAKANAim: To investigate the effect of pomegranate juice (PJ) intake on overall oxidation status in retinas of diabetic rats. Methods: Twenty-seven rats were divided into four groups as control (CO), diabetic (DM), control treated with PJ (CO-PJ), and diabetic treated with PJ (DM-PJ).The retina tissues were used to determine 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8OHdG), malondialdehyde (MDA), reduced glutathione (GSH) levels, and the enzyme activities of superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px). Results: The levels of 8OHdG and MDA were significantly increased in the retina of DM group compared to CO group (P=0.001, P<0.001 respectively). Both 8OHdG and MDA levels were decreased in PJ-DM group compared to DM group (P=0.004, P<0.001 respectively). The activities of antioxidant enzymes GSH, SOD, and GDH-Px were significantly decreased in the retina of DM group compared to CO group (P≤0.01). GSH and GSH-Px activities were higher in PJ-DM group compared with DM group (P=0.010, P=0.042, respectively) but SOD activity was not statistically different (P=0.938). Conclusion: PJ intake is found to be effective in decreasing oxidative end products, and in increasing the activities of antioxidant enzymes in diabetic retinas of rats, which suggests it may be effective against oxidative stress in diabetic retinas.
- PublicationMetadata onlyEffects of levodopa on retina in Parkinson disease.(2014-01-01T00:00:00Z) SEN, A; Tugcu, BETÜL; COSKUN, C; EKINCI, CANSU; NACAROGLU, SA; TUĞCU, BETÜL; EKİNCİ, CANSU
- PublicationMetadata onlyStructural and functional comparison of the persistent and resolved amblyopia.(2014-04-01T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; ARAZ-ERSAN, B; ERDOGAN, EZGİ BAŞAK; TARAKCIOGLU, H; COSKUN, C; YIGIT, U; KARAMURSEL, S; TUĞCU, BETÜL
- PublicationMetadata onlyNonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy as the presenting manifestation of primary antiphospholipid syndrome.(2014-05-01T00:00:00Z) Tugcu, BETÜL; ACAR, N; COSKUN, CT; CELIK, S; YIGIT, FU; TUĞCU, BETÜL; ÇELİK, ŞENGÜL