Person: BAYRAKTAR, BILGE
Now showing 1 - 10 of 13
- PublicationMetadata onlyYenidoğan başlangıçlı, ancak nispeten hafif seyirli nonketotik hiperglisinemi vakası(2017-04-30) CESUR, YAŞAR; TAŞ, İBRAHİM; YEŞİL, GÖZDE; BAYRAKTAR, BİLGE; CESUR, YAŞAR; TAŞ, İBRAHİM; YEŞİL, GÖZDE; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe Changes in Intraocular Pressure and Central Corneal Thickness in the First 24 Hours of Life in Full-term Newborns(2018-10-01) BAYRAKTAR, BİLGE; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE
- PublicationMetadata onlyYenidoğan Yoğun Bakım Hemşireliği Esaslar ve Uygulamalar(2018-05-01) BAYRAKTAR, BİLGE; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe Turkish Neonatal Jaundice Online Registry: A national root cause analysis.(2018-02-23) ERDEVE, O; OKULU, E; OLUKMAN, O; ULUBAS, D; BUYUKKALE, G; NARTER, F; TUNC, G; ATASAY, B; GULTEKIN, ND; ARSAN, S; KOC, E; Turkish, Neonatal; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE
- PublicationMetadata onlyIntraocular pressure in infants and its association with hormonal changes with vaginal birth versus cesarean section.(2016-12-01) Elbay, AHMET; CELIK, U; CELIK, BURAK; OZER, OF; KILIC, GÖKHAN; AKKAN, JC; BAYRAKTAR, BİLGE; KAYMAK, NZ; ELBAY, AHMET; ÇELİK, BURAK; ÖZER, ÖMER FARUK; KILIC, GÖKHAN; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE
- PublicationMetadata onlyThe effect of ABCA1 Gene C69T single nucleotide polymorphism on dyslipidemia and insulin resistance in obese children.(2015-10-03) ÖZGEN, İLKER TOLGA; ERENBERK, UFUK; Gök, Özlem; Kılıç, Ülkan; BAYRAKTAR, BİLGE; TORUN, EMEL; Aksu, M S; CESUR, YAŞAR; ÖZGEN, İLKER TOLGA; ERENBERK, UFUK; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE; TORUN, EMEL; CESUR, YAŞAR
- PublicationMetadata onlyFreeman-Sheldon Syndrome Associated with Hemophilia-A in a Newborn(2016-12-01T00:00:00Z) BAYRAKTAR, Bilge; Bayraktar, Suleyman; ARSLAN, HÜSEYİN; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜL; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE; ÇAKIR, FATMA BETÜLThe Freeman-Sheldon syndrome (FSS) (whistling face) is a congenital autosomal dominant disease (rarely described in its autosomal recessive form) characterized by small -whistling- mouth, a flat masklike face, joint contractures (commonly involving the fingers and hands) and underdevelopment of the nasal cartilage. Other clinical features include full forehead, deep set eyes, epicanthal folds, high palate, H-shaped cutaneous dimpling on the chin, ulnar deviation of the hands, seizures, and dislocation of the hip. A 10-day-old male newborn was admitted to our neonatal intensive care unit with jaundice and hyperthermia. He had fever of 42.5 degrees C, small whistling mouth, a flat mask-like face, joint contractures of the fingers, and ulnar deviation of the hands. The parents were consanguineous and one of the boys died when he was 1 years old due to intracranial hemorrhage. To our knowledge, there have been more than 60 cases diagnosed with FSS. This is the first reported case of Freeman-Sheldon syndrome associated with hemophilia A and the second case of FSS associated with fever without anesthesia.
- PublicationMetadata onlyRecurrence of carbamoyl phosphate synthetase 1 (CPS1) deficiency in Turkish patients: Characterization of a founder mutation by use of recombinant CPS1 from insect cells expression(2014-12-01T00:00:00Z) Hu, Liyan; Diez-Fernandez, Carmen; Ruefenacht, Veronique; Hismi, Burcu Ozturk; Unal, Ozlem; SOYUÇEN, ERDOĞAN; ÇOKER, MAHMUT; BAYRAKTAR, Bilge; Gunduz, Mehmet; KIYKIM, Ertuğrul; Olgac, Asburce; Perez-Tur, Jordi; Rubio, Vicente; Haeberle, Johannes; BAYRAKTAR, BILGECarbamoyl phosphate synthetase 1 (CPS1) deficiency due to CPS1 mutations is a rare autosomal-recessive urea cycle disorder causing hyperammonemia that can lead to death or severe neurological impairment. CPS1 catalyzes carbamoyl phosphate formation from ammonia, bicarbonate and two molecules of ATP, and requires the allosteric activator N-acetyl-L-glutamate. Clinical mutations occur in the entire CPS1 coding region, but mainly in single families, with little recurrence. We characterized here the only currently known recurrent CPS1 mutation, p.Val1013del, found in eleven unrelated patients of Turkish descent using recombinant His-tagged wild type or mutant CPS1 expressed in baculovirus/insect cell system. The global CPS1 reaction and the ATPase and ATP synthesis partial reactions that reflect, respectively, the bicarbonate and the carbamate phosphorylation steps, were assayed. We found that CPS1 wild type and V1013del mutant showed comparable expression levels and purity but the mutant CPS1 exhibited no significant residual activities. In the CPS1 structural model, V1013 belongs to a highly hydrophobic beta-strand at the middle of the central beta-sheet of the A subdomain of the carbamate phosphorylation domain and is close to the predicted carbamate tunnel that links both phosphorylation sites. Haplotype studies suggested that p.Val1013del is a founder mutation. In conclusion, the mutation p.V1013del inactivates CPS1 but does not render the enzyme grossly unstable or insoluble. Recurrence of this particular mutation in Turkish patients is likely due to a founder effect, which is consistent with the frequent consanguinity observed in the affected population. (C) 2014 Elsevier Inc All rights reserved.
- PublicationMetadata onlyUrinary bisphenol A and its relation with kisspeptin in girls with idiopathic central puberty precocious and premature telarche.(2015-10-03) ÖZGEN, İLKER TOLGA; TORUN, EMEL; BAYRAKTAR, BİLGE; Durmaz, Erdem; CESUR, YAŞAR; ÖZGEN, İLKER TOLGA; TORUN, EMEL; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE; CESUR, YAŞAR
- PublicationMetadata onlyA new case series of Crisponi syndrome in a Turkish family and review of the literature(2017-04-01) TANYERİ, BİLGE; BAYRAKTAR, BILGE