Person: ŞİMŞEK, MELİH
Now showing 1 - 5 of 5
- PublicationMetadata onlyRelationship between 18-FDG-PET/CT and Clinicopathological Features and Pathological Responses in Patients with Locally Advanced Breast Cancers(2019-06-01T00:00:00Z) Yildirim, Nilgun; Simsek, MELİH; Aldemir, Mehmet Naci; BİLİCİ, Mehmet; TEKİN, Salim Başol; ŞİMŞEK, MELİHObjective: We investigated the relationship between the maximum standardized uptake value (SUVmax) of whole-body positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) performed before treatment and the demographical and histopathological features in locally advanced breast cancer (LABC), as well as the role of PET/CT in the evaluation of pathological complete response (pCR) after neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC).
- PublicationMetadata onlyEvaluation of 22 Primary Gastrointestinal Lymphoma Patients(2019-02-01T00:00:00Z) Yildirim, Nilgun; Turkeli, Mehmet; Akdemir, Mehmet Naci; Simsek, MELİH; TEKİN, Salim Başol; ŞİMŞEK, MELİHObjective: Primary gastrointestinal non-hodgkin lymphomas (PGI-NHL) are uncommon diseases with treatment modalities including chemotherapy, surgery, and radiotherapy. Our aim is to analyze the demographic and clinical features and treatment results of PGI-NHL.
- PublicationMetadata onlyEfficacy and tolerability of weekly docetaxel, cisplatin, and 5-fluorouracil for locally advanced or metastatic gastric cancer patients with ECOG performance scores of 1 and 2.(2015-01-01T00:00:00Z) Turkeli, Mehmet; Aldemir, Mehmet Naci; Cayir, Kerim; Simsek, MELİH; Bilici, Mehmet; Tekin, Salim Basol; Yildirim, Nilgun; Bilen, Nurhan; Makas, Ibrahim; ŞİMŞEK, MELİH
- PublicationMetadata onlyAre We Late in the Diagnosis of Malignities Occurring in Solid Organ Transplant Patients? 11 Years- Experience(2016-02-01T00:00:00Z) Turkeli, Mehmet; Simsek, MELİH; Aldemir, Mehmet Naci; Yildirim, Nilgun; ÇANKAYA, Erdem; ERDEMCİ, Burak; BİLİCİ, Mehmet; TEKİN, Salim Başol; Arslan, Sukru; KORKUT, Ercan; ŞİMŞEK, MELİHObjective: Our aim is to evaluate the frequency and characteristics of cancer in the population of patients with solid organ transplant who are under immunosuppressive medication. In this study we aimed to emphasize the importance of early diagnosis of cancer in solid organ transplant recipients. An aging population began to receive solid organ transplantation and survival times prolonged. But this had a cost and new problems came forward. Especially de novo cancers because of immunosuppressive therapy took notice. Risk of malignancy increases after organ transplantation and cancer incidence was about 2.3-3.1% in these patients including skin cancer, lung cancer, malign lymphoma, cervix cancer, kaposi sarcoma, and hepatobiliary cancer.
- PublicationMetadata onlyPrognostic Value of Baseline Neutrophil-Lymphocyte and Platelet-Lymphocyte Ratios in Local and Advanced Gastric Cancer Patients.(2015-01-01T00:00:00Z) Aldemir, Mehmet Naci; Turkeli, Mehmet; Simsek, MELİH; Yildirim, Nilgun; Bilen, Yusuf; Yetimoglu, Harun; Bilici, Mehmet; Tekin, Salim Basol; ŞİMŞEK, MELİH